XIV - Raise of the New Ruler of the Sea

Elizabeth Swann POV

as I got on the Empress, I hear James scream for my sister's name. I turned and faced towards the direction of where we were sailing away from the Dutchman and saw my sister, falling into the ocean and did not resurface.. "no--!!" I gasped in shocked and horror.. the only family I have left was gone now.. 'no.. Mari.. Maria.. my little sister... no..'

Maria Swann/Triteia POV

as soon as I hit the water, I was expecting to drown as water would come to my lungs.. but, no.. I was breathing in water.. "Queen.." someone says then there was a chorus of voices.. the next thing I knew, I was being dragged down to the depths by... mermaids?! "Queen.." they chorused over and over as they drag me deeper and deeper. I did not struggle as I know where we were headed.. Atlantis.. the mermaids have let me free and I stepped on the sandy land. "Queen.. you have reached the age for you to rule the ocean.." a mermaid says "I have.." I say, then gasps slightly as I was surprise I can speak clearly in the waters.. "it's time for you to claim the throne.. and rule the seas as we have waited for thousands of years.." another one says "..what are your names? I wish to address you by your names.. it's awfully rude to just call you 'mermaid'.." I say then they locked at each other.. "we don't have names.." the 1st one says "I see.. then.. I shall name you all.. you shall be Tamara, and you are Antara, you are Daphne, you are Coralia.. and you shall be Syrena." I say with a pleasant smile. "Thank you, my queen.." they chorus "we shall prepare for your coronation.. please, rest until then.. Syrena shall show you to your quarters.." Tamara says then gestures Syrena to show me. She swims forward to me and swims slowly as to showing me around. "And this is where you will be resting, my queen.. I hope it is alright.." she says as we came to a room, in the highest tower of the kingdom.. "it's spectacular. thank you." I say then she leaves. "I can't go until I am crowned.. they will not obey me until I am crowned their queen.. and I highly doubt that they will have me out of their views until then.." I speak to none but myself.. It was getting a little uncomfortable in my dress underwater.. so, I took it off and left myself in my underdress..

James Norrington POV

I was stuck following around Jones, seeing he knows something that I don't about Maria.. Mercer had taken over the ship and I was either locked in my quarters, or with Jones. Then Jones was summoned to Beckett's office in the Endeavour, and I was to follow.. "I cannot be summoned like some mongrel pup." Jones complains "Apparently you can. and oh, Admiral, how are you and Maria?" Beckett asks and I nearly snapped "Maria's gone... down to the bottom of the ocean.." I said, glaring at the short man I take orders from, but no longer will I... "oh dear.. so sorry to hear that.." his voice held no sincerity.. "so, come to join my crew again, young master Turner?" I rolled my eyes at Turner, one of the people who ruined my life.. "Not your's, his.. oh.. and Jack Sparrow sends his regards." Turner says then Jones looks confused "Sparrow?" "oh.. you've not told him? We rescued Jack from the locker along with the Black Pearl." Turner says then Jones rages at Beckett.. from this point, I had stopped listening, but paid some attention to the conversation.. until it to an interesting topic.. "I believe you are familiar with a person named Calypso." "Not a person.. a heathen god.. one who delights in cursing men with their wildest dreams and then revealing them to be hollow and naught but ash.. the world is will rid of her.." Jones explains "no quite so well, actually.. The Brethren Court intends to release her." "No! they cannot! the 1st court promised to imprison her forever! that was out agreement!" Beckett intercepts "your agreement?" "....I showed them how to bind 'er.. she could not be trusted.. she gave me no choice.. we must act before they release her!" "you loved her.. she's the one! and you betrayed her." then some pieces of my confusion was coming together. I then intercepted "Maria... is she this.. Calypso?! I saw her often with you!" "what? no.. the story for that is a different one.. and she betrayed me! She only pretended to love me!" the argument starts, then there were bargains.. For Turner, to Jones; he was to free of his father, and for Beckett; safety for both him and Elizabeth.. in exchanged, he will lead us to Shipwreck Cove.. For Jones, he wants this.. 'Calypso' dead.. For Beckett, he wants everything to be 'according to plan'.. Jones and I went back to the Dutchman and I start to question him. "tell me.. please.. of Maria.. what is to become of her? why did she leave?" I nearly pleaded "she says you betrayed her.. you and I are in the same spot.. lovers betrayed lovers.. but she did not betray you.. yet.." he says "I don't understand.. I never betrayed her. She's the one for me.. I know it..." I say and he turns towards me.. "she did't decide to leave you for no reason.. you must have done something to make her that mad... a rage of a woman.. is like the stormy seas.. they will kill you if you aren't lucky.." he says before turning away.. "I can't say about yer lover... with them around.." Jones motions to Mercer and the sailors and soldier aboard his ship.. "Just know.. she'll return.. she will.. and sooner than you think.."