VI - Confession

Maria Swann POV
I woke with a gasp but found myself in a dark world covered with fog coming from everywhere and nowhere... "You woke.." I turned and came face to face with a woman I've never met before. "w-who are you..?" I ask "me name is Calypso, a goddess of de sea trapped in human form.. and ye are Triteia, a deity in human form.." she says and I grew in confusion. "wh-what do you mean? I'm Maria Swann, second daughter of Weatherby Swann.." I say "Aye.. ye are... but not fer long..." she says as she steps forward, alarmed, I step back as she advances towards me.. "ever wonda why ye have a different face from yer family? why ye are skilled in combat but don't need for practice? how weapons are easy for ye to handle? why ye grew sensitivity to da sun?" she questions the questions I often asks myself for a very long time.. "you..kn-know about me..?" I ask "aye... we are connected by mind because of ... da sea, where ye truly belong... Daughter of Triton, the King of Merfolk and da Sea, and companion of Ares, God of War.. unfortunately, Triteia died young.. and ye are her reincarnation.. not only dat.. you possess Ares' sister, Athena's mind de Goddess of Wisdom..." she tells "Greek Mythology... how can you be so sure of your accusations?" "we're talking in yer mind.. yer powers slowly awakens as ye feel love or connected something related to da sea.. a sailor, perhaps..?" James's gentle smile flash in my thoughts.. and when I looked at her, I saw a flash of sorrow in her eyes for a second.. "....come in contact with sea water and ye shall gain knowledge of yer past, experience, history.. and yer powers will strengthen... touch de waters..." she tells as she slowly disappear in the fog. "Wait! please, tell me more!" I try to reach for her but she was gone.

I open my eyes and found myself in my bedroom with my hand reaching for the ceiling.. "Maria..? Maria!" I hear my father's voice call and I turn my head at the direction. "fa-f-father.." I call in a raspy voice "Thank the heavens! oh! my Maria. you've woken.." father engulfs me in a tight embrace "I was worried you would never wake..." he whispers and I felt dampness on my shoulder "h-how long wa-was I.--" I question but started to cough horridly as my throat was dry. "oh dear! someone! fetch some water!" father calls and a maid came with a tall glass of water. father offers it to me and I take it and slowly gulped it down, so I wouldn't choke on it. "thank you.." I say as I had finished the glass "how long had I been unconscious?" I question "nearly four days, my dear.. we worried you wouldn't wake. but you were breathing just fine.." father tells "I see.. where's Elizabeth? I thought she'd be the first to be with me as I woke.." I ask and father's face falls "....the night you had fallen ill, Elizabeth was captured by pirates.." I gasped in horror "wh-what?" "the Commodore is preparing to depart to search for your Elizabeth as we speak.." I hurriedly got up my bed "then we must hurry as well.." I say "no! Maria, you've only woken. let the doctors attend to you and you must stay here where it's safe.." he protests "I feel fine, father.. our priority right now is my sister! if she's been taken, then both your and my life is in danger as well if either of us stays here.. we would far more safer at James' side where he can protect us." I counter and he seemed to surrender and told some maids to prepare our things. I went and bathe, thinking of what Calypso had told me.. "a deity, huh..? it's all so strange to me.. something from a fairy tale.. but if what she says is true.. the only way to confirm it is to... come to the sea.." I tell myself then got ready. I took out a that I tailored a hood with my own hands, took my black gloves and parasol from my trunk and I was ready..

I stood at beach near the docks where the HMS Dauntless was being prepared and glazed on the ocean waters before I knelt down, curious if what Calypso had told was the truth.. I took my glove, flinching at the foreign and slightly burning feeling of the sun on my skin.. I hesitate but dipped my bare hand onto the ocean waters and then gasped as images, memories.. suddenly flows onto my mind.. I quickly took my hand away from the water and hurriedly placed my glove back on. I stood up and gain my lady-like posture.. "Maria, come. we must speak with the Commodore." father calls and I went on my way.