Dispair Part II

Alright so I kno it takes me forever to update nowadays, HOWEVER! I think you'll all find that this one in particular was worth the wait.
Enjoy ;3
_________________________

Pyrrah, Jaune, and Pantheons horses thundered down Vales dirt roads, racing the wind back to the south command post. As they rode Jaune couldn't help but admire the admiral after the introduction they had regardless of how brief it may have been.

Contrary to what he expected the admiral was actually very kind and approving of him. Even if was was intimidating. He though went back to earlier when they'd arrived at the northern command post.

~~~~~~

Dusk was creeping in on them as Pyrrah and Jaune arrived at the northern post. They both promptly dismounted and Pyrrah spoke, urgent news from Admiral Leona Nikkos." She said. They saluted, and one of them took the reins of there horses, while the other lead them inside.

As they were lead through the post Jaune spoke next, "So Pyrrah, is there anything important I should know when I meet your father?" He asked nervously.
"Oh Jaune you've got nothing to worry about, he's a big teddy bear," she giggled, "the only thing you need bear in mind is that he can tend to be a bit larger than life." She said like it was nothing.

Jaune chuckled nervously, "What does that mean." He asked. Pyrrah simply giggled again, "you'll see." She told him.

'That's what I'm worried about,' Jaune thought deadpanning slightly.

As they walked they could here the growing sound of what could only be described as 'war'. As they rounded the final corner they arrived in a clearing where a lone warrior stood surrounded buy six captain ranks and 20 sentries.

Jaunes eyes widened in surprise. The man bore armor fashioned from dragons hide. The helm bore horns like a dragons, his cape was part of a dragon wing and on the tip of his spear was a dragons tooth.

Several of the sentries charged him simultaneously. One brought his sword down at Pantheon who sidestepped it effortlessly and kneed the man is his stomach lifting him off the ground. He then bashed him with his spear sending the sentry flying, immediately after another one swung there great sword at him horizontally which Pantheon jumped up and over to bash the man on his helmet mid flip and slam him into the ground. Pantheon turned his gaze to the next three men charging him.

One coming from the front and two from either side the one on his right side reached him first and jumped spun and swung which Pantheon blocked and parried with his shield he then jabbed his spear into the ground beside him and grabbed the mans breastplate and spun him around to slam into the man who'd just reached him on his left sending them both over in a heap. He then turned to the one in front of him and stood straight up and planted his foot in the mans sternum with great force sending him flying back at sonic speed(yes.. It was a super sonic gawddamn Spartan kick. Don't judge me!).

Now it was just him and the captains.

"See what I mean?" Pyrrah dead panned and then looked beside her only to find herself standing alone. She then looked back to the battlefield and gasped in surprise.

Jaune wasn't sure why or what possessed him to think he could, but he felt a desire to fight the dragon clad warrior before him, call it cockiness or perhaps he wanted to show off for Pyrrah? No. That wasn't it, he felt that the best way to understand this man was through battle. He walked slowly out onto the battlefield drawing his short sword. Plus he did want to show off a little.