Chapter 2: Life of a Fan is Hard

Love comes with sacrifice. A lot of love would mean more sacrifice.

"YA!", That irritating voice again. Ugggggghhhh.
"Ppali ireona. Ya!" Something cold touches me causing me to jolt awake.

I sleepily turn off my alarm BTS - Rise of Bangtan. I guess this song's the reason why I've been having these dreams lately.

But yesterday the pillow that hit me felt real. You are really losing your mind, Micah.

I check the time then get up to stretch. Elsa hasn't gotten up yet. Well, what can I expect? She'll wake up 30 minutes before her class starts and rush out again. We have full day classes as well as different part-time jobs to attend to.

My morning routine consists of dancing to music in bath, dressing up in my university uniform and walking to school wearing neon-colored earphones.

I focus on most of the classes trying to absorb the discussion. I write notes, paying extra attention to the information not found in our books. Idle thoughts come to mind like why did I ever choose this course? Should I just quit and give up? These thoughts cease when the 10:30 am bell rings. I quickly stand up from my seat and rush to keep my things.

"Bye guys! I'll see you later before Biochemistry Lab, alright?" I say to my friends, none of them are into KPOP if you're curious. They have often skipped liking the part of me that likes these stuffs and only considered my college girl side.

They'll never understand.

"Hey Micah, want to hang out later?" I look up and see Jinhoo smiling at me.

(A/N Kekeke the character is based from Jinhoo of UP10TION.)

I furiously blush.

"Oh. Uhm.. sorry I still have work."

Really though stop smiling at me Jinhoo I'm gonna die. You're too cute. I swear you resemble some Japanese actor I'm just not sure who. Jinhooooooo andweeeeee~

Jinhoo's the only Korean in the Medical Sciences Department. He's really good looking. Very sangnamja. I had a huge crush on him during our first year but by the time I knew about BTS, EXO, GOT7 etc., I stopped cause then he'd think I liked him solely because he was Korean. I didn't like that sort of image. These days he seems to take more notice on me it's making me become more flustered around him.

"Tomorrow?", he asked hopefully.

I put my hands together and bowed 90 degrees, "Mianhae."

Before he could say anything else I hurried to my part-time work without ever looking back.

Sorry, Jinhoo. My BTS oppas are more important than you. And now that they've given us the date, I can't set my sights on anything else. If wearing this stupid frog costume will help me achieve the right amount of money then I'll endure it. I mustn't lose time. Platinum tickets kyaa.

JINHOO'S POV

(A/N His thoughts were in Korean. I had to hire a translator. ㅋㅋㅋ
Elsa: Author-nim you are not funny.
A/N Fineeeee)

Everyone here is anticipating the bell ring while I'm here sitting and admiring her. She comes to class early now. I remember back then she'd come to a major exam 20 minutes before the exam ended, answer the freaking test and leave like a boss. Her friends say she sleeps before 10 and doesn't even bother opening her books. I wonder how she does that. She amazes me every day.

There goes the bell. I've got to hurry.

"Hey Micah, want to hang out later?" I coyly ask.

"Oh. Uhm.. sorry I still have work." She replies.

The same reply as yesterday. Gwaenchana, I'll just keep on smiling so you don't see my pain.

"Tomorrow?", I asked hopefully.

Micah's the top student in our department. But that's just part of the reason why she's awesome. At first she may come out as bossy and overpowering. The truth is that she's just like a cat. If you approach her, she pushes you away, if you go away, she unexpectedly gets close to you. She's also a stunner. She is not even aware of it. She's really fun and acts as the life of her group of friends. I got to know her because she was the very first person to talk to me in college.

"Mianhae." She finally says.

Before I could say anything else she hurried to leave without even looking back.

I heard from others that she's been doing part-time jobs like crazy. Why is she working so hard? Is she getting married? Why does she need the money? Why am I even curious?

Because you like her, pabo.

Geurae, without knowing the reason why, without remembering how or when, I started liking her.

I hope you see me someday, Micah.

MICAH'S POV

During my break for 3 hours, I walk to my part-time job at a café just outside gate three. It's a light job to be honest and the pay is decent. Sometimes I'm the waitress. At other times I'm in charge of the cashier. Alas! Today.. it's mascot day for me.

When my shift is over I stop by a convenience store to buy my lunch. Saving up is really good for me cause now I only eat sandwiches. I eat happily while walking back to class. Laboratory time is my favorite. The period passes by like a breeze and the next thing I know it's over.

Since my classes are earlier than everyone else's, my classes also end earlier.

I arrive at our dorm and find one sleeping booger AKA Elsa. I glance at the digital clock.

"Crap! Elsa! We're late!"

An interrupted snore escapes her mouth and she replies while her eyes are still closed,
"I give up we're not getting the Platinum ticket. It doesn't even exist. Let's just go for the General Admission tickets."

"Nooo. We might as well not attend if we're just getting the Gen. Ad tickets! This is just a once in a lifetime chance. Get up, we're going to work!" I upsettingly say.

"At least we're breathing the same air as them." She says, smiles, and then closes her eyes again.

"But, but wouldn't it be nice if we could spend time with them? Actually talk to them? Get to know them and who knows maybe even become friends?" I look at Elsa again, she's disappeared.

"So are you going to work or not?" Elsa says, as she stands opening the door with a bright smile plastered on her face.

Damn, this kid is really something.

"That was my line!" I catch up to her, laughing.

Together we work at McDo from 4-9 pm. I think somewhere between greeting the customers and cleaning up tables, I thought about what our lives would have been if we didn't know about our idol groups. Both of us would still be irresponsible individuals; waking up late, wasting time and spending money recklessly. I glanced at Elsa at the counter. She looked at me too. We made faces and laughed. I feel happy working hard for something. I'm sure Elsa also feels happy striving for something.

By the time we're back in the dorm, our other roommates are already asleep.

In sync, like INFINITE, we crash onto our beds without even bothering to change.

Just 1 month more, self.

Before closing my eyes, I check my phone. 50 missed calls. One message.

It's from my Mom.

"Call me ASAP."

-------------

Chapters 1-3 are just introductions teehee. I hope you don't judge me on giving out fillers. And sorry if the character likes likes to talk so much :D

Thanks for reading! 〜