Chapter 4: To Chase A Dream

"Hajiman bangtansonyeondani jingyeokhandamyeon eotteolka? Bang! Tan! So! Nyeon! Dan!" the same alarm goes off to let me know the start of the day. The only difference this time was that it wasn't even my alarm that was playing. Looking at my phone to check the time, I was literally about to scream. Guess who's up and about at 3 in the morning.

"Jingyeokhae bang tan sonyeondancheoreom ♪♫" she sang as she moved her body in an odd way, which I think was supposedly dancing. She was in front of her closet choosing clothes, changing into them, taking them off again.

I was usually pissed if I was awoken before my alarm. And this roommate of mine wasn't supposed to be up until seven, if it was a fine day. The unbelievable sight made me want to roll over my bed laughing. Then again I remembered the tiring long day ahead.

"ELSAAAAAAA!!! What are you doing up this late? You'll lose all your energy for work later. How will we be able to show ourselves to them if you keep this up?", shout-whispering with all my might, afraid of waking up our other roommates.

She stopped the music that was playing on her phone and neared my bed. Putting one hand over my forehead she asked, "Micah, are you feeling alright?" with a hint of sincerity. "Come to think of it you did pass out last night. Could it be because you worked too hard?" asked Elsa.

I flicked her hand away. "Just what do you mean?" I asked smugly. "Ommo, who are you and what have you done to my precious roommate?! Today is BangTan Sonyeondan's concert! The day we've been working day and night for. The day we meet them, our inspiration!" She said this while shaking me furiously. Poor me, I almost lost consciousness from the shaking and the news she told me.

How could you forget today of all days, self? Tell me. What pill did you take to help you stop for a minute on obsessing about BTS? It's going to be your first time to meet them for goodness sake? Then, I remembered why I've been gloomy these past days. I'm leaving.

Instead of the awaited exaggerated reaction I was supposed to make as a loyal fan girl, I curled into a ball and covered myself with my warm blanket. Elsa becoming more and more concerned by the minute finally broke the silence by asking, "Wae, your pants won't fit you again? Just use my extra pair then."

Note to self: exercise more often, eat less, spend less, be anorexic. Just kidding, of course.

"It's not that Elsa. It's just.. I don't feel so good today." Please buy my excuse. Jebal. "How could that be when you were the one who got us into this fandom in the first place? I know there must be something wrong because a real ARMY would never say something like that. You have to tell me your problem Mic, you know I'll never leave you alone. I know-" I cut her off before she wakes up the others.

"Aaah. Fine. I'll tell you. Just promise me you won't go melodrama on me and you won't tell the others. And please.. lower your voice."

With her hair still wrapped in a towel, she sat facing me. "Well, ready to listen aren't we?" I teased. "Just spill already. I knew there was something going on. I was just afraid to ask you."

I took a deep breath before telling her.
(A/N I recommend listening to Butterfly by BTS starting here as it fits the mood. Komawo~)

"My mom's sending me to the US to study. Once I get my Visa approved" I couldn't look straight into her eyes any longer as her facial expression slowly changed. "I'm going."

Faking a smile she asked, "You're joking right? I mean.. Micah. This is not happening. What about our promise of staying together, surpassing all the obstacles that get in our way until graduation?"

I was about to open my mouth to say something but she quickly went out the door. Crying.

Luckily, that happened. Cause I had no freaking idea what to say or how I was going to explain this thing. Micah, you better think of something before she comes back. Ppali!