Chapter 4

*Large time skip*

The first task was a few weeks away and the champions were becoming anxious; except for one.
"Harry, shouldn't you be a little more nervous about this task? You don't know what could be waiting for you." I asked at the breakfast table on a Saturday.
"Oh, but I do know what's coming." He whispered.
"How?" I asked leaning in.
"Can't say." He said and pressed a finger to his lips.
Just then the morning post came flying in through the window.
My large barn owl came swooping in and dropped a small envelope in front of my plate.
"Who's it from?" Harry asked.
"Don't know. There isn't a name." I said and opened the envelope.

Hello Ali,
Because you're so interested in dragons I thought you'd like to see something. Come to the edge of the dark forest tonight.
~Charlie.

"Well what does it say?" Harry inquired and tried looking over my shoulder.
"No no no, invasion of privacy much." I said and hid the letter away in my robes.
"Not cool." He said a sulked back in his seat.
"Hehehe." I giggle maliciously.
Wonder what Charlie wants. And why is he at Hogwarts?

Late that night I snuck out of the common room and down to the dark forest. I carefully avoided Hagrids gaze from his hut.
Where are you, Charlie?
Just when I thought that I felt a hand touch my shoulder.
"Good evening." Said a husky voice from behind me.
"Well I really hope that's you behind me, Charlie." I said and turned around. Charlie was standing right behind me. His face suddenly illuminated by a flash from behind him.
"What was that?" I asked in slight panic.
"That right there is what I wanted to show you." Charlie said as a grin spread from ear to ear.
"You have the same grin as those tricky twin brothers of yours." I said.
"Where do you think they got it?" He said then grabbed my hand in his and lead me into the forest.
"So what's in here?" I asked as I stepped closer beside him.
"Just a little further." He says right before we step into a clearing.
My eyes were blinded by another flash and I looked away.
"Look now, it's not as bright." He says and I slowly open my eyes. After I caught a glimpse my eyes snapped open.
"D-d- d-d-dragons." I squeaked.
"In the flesh. Wanna look around?" He asked and guided me to the right. "Chinese firebolt is over here." He said reaching the far right side of the clearing.
"It's beautiful." I said in amazement.
"Well in know one dragon that rivals it's beauty by far."
"Oh? And which one in that?" I ask and look up towards him.
"The one holding my hand."
"... What?" I paused in shock but managed to still ask.
"I'm an expert on dragons. Did you really think I wouldn't know?"
"I thought I was keeping it secret a bit better." I looked down in shame.
"Oh you are, to every other person." He reassured and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I should get you back inside soon, it's cold and I don't want you getting a cold." With that I took one last look at the dragons and turned back to the castle.
"How long are you hanging around?" I ask.
"Only until after the first task."
"Oh okay." I said and my shoulders slumped a bit.
"But I'll come visit you when I can."
"Really?" My spirits picked up when I heard that.
"Maybe I'll even visit before I leave."