Chapter 9

I was able to sleep in as long as I wanted the next morning, or I would have if the twins didn't barge in and drag me to breakfast before 10am.
"You two are gonna get it later." I said as I slumped in my seat across from the twins at the table.
"Couldn't let you sleep in on Christmas now could we?" Fred said and grabbed a pancake and flopped it on his plate.
"Yes. Yes you could have." I said and poured a glass of eggnog.
"I don't think so." George said between bites of bacon.
"Thought you and the rest of the Weasleys would have gone home for Christmas." I said and took a swig from the cup.
"Nah, mum wanted us to be here for the ball." Said George.
"Said if we came home then she would send us right back." Finished Fred.
"Man, your mom is one feisty woman."
"You don't know that half of it."
"Oh by the way, Ginny was looking for you."
"I think she was going to the library today so look for her there."
"Oh okay, thanks guys." I quickly finished my breakfast and made my way to the library.
When I got there I found Ginny alone at a table probably doing some studying.
I walked up behind her and poked her shoulder. She jumped a little then turned around, her face lighting up as she saw me.
"Ali!" She exclaimed and was quickly shushed by the teacher.
"Oops. Did the twins send you to me?" She asks and slides out the chair beside her.
"Yeah, said you were looking for me." I answered and sat down.
"Yes I was. I wanted to ask you something."
"Go right ahead."
"Are you dating one of the twins?" She asked with a fearful look.
"What? No way. Where would you get that idea?"
"Well you've just been spending a lot if time with them recently and something could have changed."
"Nothing changed-"
"That's a load of crap!" Her voice cracked on the last word.
"There's no need to raise your voice."
"Yes there is, little miss princess over here just has to have her way with every boy she sees. And where's her best friend? Oh pushed to the side because I didn't get cool creature traits."
"Shut up." My chin tucked into my chest, muffling my voice.
"What was that? Try to roar like the dragon you are."
"I said shut up!" From root to tip my hair changed from raven black to shimmering silver.
"That's more like it."
"What is your problem? I've tried talking to you but all I get is Harry this and Harry that, stop acting like a whore trying to get his attention you little third year."
"Never once have I ignored you for him." She said diffencivly.
"Oh really then I guess you don't care that he just walked past." I said and pointed behind her.
"Oh! Harry!" She spun in her chair so fast her head could have flown off if she wasn't immediately preening her hair.
"See? What did I just say? The slightest mention of Harry gets your panties dripping for God's sake."
"Does not." She whined.
"I'm out of here, later tramp."
I stormed out so quickly I didn't even see the probable look of horror on he face. By the time I was back in the common room my hair was back to normal.

"Has hurricane Al passed over?" A lonesome Fred asked as I flopped on a couch.
"How'd you know?"
"Neville was passing by. Scared him worse then you know who."
Just then Neville walked in the portrait hole.
"Neville, I'm sorry for-"
"It's fine." He instantly tucked his head down and fled for the stairs.
"I'm such a jerk." I sighed.
"He'll get over it."
"You and Ginny have a falling out?" George said walking in.
"Really?" Fred asked.
"She accused me of dating one of you and called my a liar. I snapped and all went downhill."
"Cat fight." They said in unison.
"Shut up." I groaned.
"Did someone give you a ring?" Fred asked and looked at my hand.
"Christmas present from Charlie."
"Looks good on you." Fred said.
"Thanks. I think I'm gonna go take a nap, I'm wipped."
"Goodnight." They said and I was soon curled up in bed and waiting to be claimed by the sweet relief of sleep.
--------------------------------------------------

That evening I went down to dinner and was glared at by most of the third year girls. With a sassy flip of hair in their direction I walked on by.
"Come sit here." Beckoned the twins plus the trio.
"We forgot to say it earlier but happy Christmas Ali."
"Yeah happy Christmas." They all said.
"Thanks you guys. Happy Christmas."
"Any plans for the rest of the break?" Hermione asked.
"None. Just reading."
"Boring, come back to the burrow with us."
"We're leaving the day after tomorrow."
The twins offered.
"I wouldn't want to impose."
"Mum would be thrilled. She loved having you over before." Ron added in.
"Exactly. Come on."
"I guess. Thank you guys."
"And don't worry, Ginny isn't going home neither am I."
"Then who is going back?"
"Us." The twins beamed.
"Hurray." I said in a mocking tone.

A/N: I'm sorry for all dedicated readers whom I've been letting down with my lack of updating. Please if you have any suggestions I will gladly accept them. Really don't know how to lay this story out.
Well happy new years to everyone and stay safe.
I'll try my best for another chapter! Bye!!