Chapter 8

The great hall looked as if a blizzard had completely frozen everything. There were icicles dangling from the ceiling and tables. Everything was glittering and snow fell from the icicles. Our group found a table to fit us all and we began to eat our dinner and discuss what would happen tonight.
"So what do you think of the letter Charlie sent you?" George asked before taking a sip of water. At least I hope that's what it is.
"What do you mean?" I asked back.
"Are you going to Romania?"
"Probably. Did he not tell you that?"
"It's not like he tells us every detail. But he did leave that out of his last letter, which told me to keep the male population away from you." He said with a childish grin.
"And we seem to be doing that well enough." Fred chimed in.
"Indeed you two are."

Dinner ended and some tables were taken away to leave more room for dancing and the live band was brought in. A few slow songs at the beginning to which I danced with George and joked around. Then it went to you high paced party songs and I sat out towards the end, George didn't seem bothered and joined me for a while with Fred. Angelina was apparently found deeply making out with a Ravenclaw in the next room over and Fred did not let that slide. But he seemed rather relieved afterwards and I know why, she was a controlling tyrant to him all night and wouldn't stop pressing her flat chest against his arm in an attempt to arouse him.

The numbers of couples thinned out and and I was able to hear shouting in the hall I broke away from another slow dance to see Hermione crying on the staircase. I ran over and wrapped her in a hug.
"I'll skip asking if you're alright considering you don't seem alright and simply ask what happened?" I whispered to her and she hugged me back.
"Ron doesn't seem to see how I feel and treats me like in worthless. I wanted him to ask me to the ball but he did as a last resort. And not interested at all." She took a pause and sniffled a few times before choking on the next few words. "He then said I was fraternizing with the enemy."
"You should know how stupid he is. He also doesn't know how to hide his jealousy very well." I said and wipped away the tear from her face. "You should go get some sleep tonight and we can talk more in the morning."
She nodded silently and returned to her room. I walked back into the great hall and George was waiting with a small box at a table.
"Whats the you've got there?" I asked and sat down.
"This would be a gift from Charlie to you. Owl just got here with a note saying: give to Ali at 12 o'clock. But I don't think you'll want to wait." He handed me the black box and I untied the gold bow that held it closed. The lid slid off and I saw a stunning Opal ring inside.
"Did he just propose?" George asked.
"The card inside says Happy Christmas and this is his gift to me. Says he doesn't need anything in return because his thoughts of me are enough of a gift."
"Damn he is smooth." George said and grinned. "May put the ring on you?"
I nodded and he grabbed the ring from the box and slid it on the right middle finger.
"I don't know what's more beautiful, you or the ring."
"Oh George."
"Would you like to go back upstairs?" He offered.
"Sure."
"Then I shall accompany you." He linked arms with me and we meeting our way back to the common room.

"Thank you for tonight Al. It was wonderful." George said when we were by the stairs to the girls dorm.
"Thank you for 'asking' me out tonight."
"It's was my pleasure," George grabbed my and a gave it a quick kiss, "Don't tell Charlie I did that. Well goodnight." He snickered and left.
"Goodnight." I said to his fleeing back.

I went upstairs and straight to bed. I was going to write to Charlie first thing in the morning.
-----------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait and I'm sorry this probably isn't a very well written chapter just wrote it in an hour. Hope you enjoy the story so far and ideas for the next chapter will be greatly welcomed. Well goodnight Charlie fans.
Alex