Adjusting

A/N: In honor of the return of SVU I decided to write this little piece. The idea has been floating around in my head for awhile. There will be a lot of sensitive subjects in this story such as... rape, self-harm and eating disorders.

Disclaimer: I don't SVU or any of the Characters on the show. The show and the Characters belong to Dick Wolf. The only things I own are the characters I create and the plot.

Chapter One

"Evan, honey?! Hurry up!" Olivia called. She just finished setting out the milk and cereal for their breakfast.

Evan groaned and rolled over under her covers. She absolutely did not want to go to school today. But she knew her Mom wouldn't let her stay home. She kicked the covers off, stretched and got off the bed. Then she sleepily made her way to her bathroom. She stripped her clothes off, turned on the shower and hopped in. Once she was finished with her shower she slipped on a matching sweat set from Victoria Secret, some moccasins, ran a brush through her hair and put on some mascara and eyeliner. She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Good morning Mom." She said.

Olivia kissed Evan's forehead and stroked her cheek. "Good morning babe." She said. She sat down at the table and poured some cereal into her bowl and started eating. "I have to get to the station, so we really have to get a move on." She said after swallowing a mouthful of cereal.

"Kay..." Evan said.

"Hey, What's wrong?" Olivia asked.

"Nothing, I'll go wait in the car." Evan said. She scooped her backpack over her shoulder and headed for the door.

"You didn't even finish your breakfast!" Olivia said.

"I'm not hungry." Evan said. She pulled out her phone and popped her headphones into her ears before opening the door and stepping into the hallway. She headed to the elevator that lead to the car lot and sighed. She wished that they had never moved. She missed her friends and their old home. But she wanted her Mom to be happy. And with her Mom's promotion and increase in pay her Mom was very happy.

Olivia hopped into the car and started the engine. "I know it's only been a week, but just give it a chance. You'll make friends in no time." She said reassuringly.

Evan scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. It's not like you had to give up your whole life!" She snapped.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Olivia asked. She was a little surprised by her daughter's attitude. Evan had always been an easy going child.

"I didn't asked to move here Mom!" Evan said. Her bottom lip trembled and she snatched the door open and slammed it.

"Evan..." Olivia sighed. She shook her head and decided to table it for later.

Evan made it inside the school and kept her head down all the way until she got to her locker. She hated her new school. Everyone knew who her Mom was and that made her a target. She was heading for her first period class when she tripped and fell.

"Watch where you're going Evan." The school bitch, Jenna sneered.

Evan got up and kept making her way towards her class. She didn't know what she had done to the girl personally but ever since they met Jenna had made it her mission to make her life a living hell. She sat during her classes, keeping to herself. She hadn't made any friends yet and Jenna had basically made her a social leper. She was starting to hate her life. At the end of the day, she was opening her locker when a folded piece of paper fluttered out. She picked it up and opened it and almost cried when she saw what it said:

'I'm watching you.'

Evan folded the note back up and shoved it into her backpack with her books. She tried to push the note out of her mind. She just thought Jenna and her friends were messing with her. She walked out of the school and waited on the steps for her Mom to pick her up.

Olivia had been running late. She arrived with tires screeching in front of the school. "Hi baby, I'm so sorry I'm late." She said as she watched Evan climb into the car.

Evan grunted in response.

"How was your day?" Olivia asked.

"It was fine." Evan said.

"Ok, you need to talk to me. You haven't been yourself all day." Olivia said.

"I'm just tired." Evan said.

Olivia sighed but decided not to push Evan to talk. They had always had a very close bond so she knew Evan would come to her when she was ready.

When they got home they went to their own rooms to get comfortable before dinner.

Evan listened for a few moments to make sure Olivia wouldn't be coming to check on her anytime soon, then she lifted up her mattress and pulled out a razor. She had been secretly cutting herself for a year now. She rolled up her sweat shirt sleeve and started cutting into the flesh of her upper arm. She sighed in relief as she watched the blood pool to the surface and ooze out. It was just what she needed after a shitty day.