Saturday

The next morning Evan woke up to a wet feeling on her arm. "Fuck!" She realized she forgot to bandage her cuts before bed and she bled through her long sleeve shirt. She got out of bed and rushed into her bathroom where she cleaned off the dried blood, applied some ointment and put on some gauze and tape. She brushed her teeth and washed her face before leaving her bathroom. She sat on her bed and opened her laptop and turned on some music. It was Saturday and all she wanted to do was nothing. She started thinking about the note again when her Mom knocked on her door before coming in.

"Hey babe, you're up early for a Saturday." Olivia said. She kissed Evan's forehead and stroked her hair. She sat on the side of Evan's bed just staring at her.

"...What?" Evan said.

"I have the day off today. Do you want to go out in do something?" Olivia asked.

"Every time we make plans on your so called days off, you just end up getting called in." Evan said. Not only was the move hard on her, she was missing her Mom.

"Honey, I'm sorry. But I'm the boss, so if I have to go in...then there's nothing I can do." Olivia said. She knew part of Evan's attitude was the fact they hadn't gotten much time together and she wanted to start making up for it today.

"Yeah, I get it. Ok?" Evan said.

Olivia sighed. "How about we go to the corner store, get a bunch of junk and watch movies all day?" She asked.

Evan's eyes lit up. She didn't feel like going anywhere and nothing sounded better to her than eating junk and unlimited cuddles with her Mom. "Ok. Let's go!" She hopped off the bed but didn't get very far when Olivia pulled her back and onto her lap.

"I love you." Olivia said.

"I love you too Mom." Evan said.

"I know the move was hard and you miss your friends but I hope you'll give this place a chance." Olivia said.

Evan sat up and hopped off her Mom's lap. "That's easy for you to say! You see your friends everyday at work! You didn't have to give up shit!" She said.

Olivia stood up and got into Evan's personal space. "Hey, enough! I get it. You're having a hard time adjusting but I did what was best for us. Your friends are more than welcome to come over here and you can go see them. Our home is bigger and the school you go to is better. I want you to cut the attitude." She said. She moved over to the door and looked back at her daughter. "I'm sorry the move hasn't been easy on you, but let's just enjoy our day together."

Evan sighed and nodded. She had to admit she was being a brat about the whole thing. "I'm sorry." She said.

"It's ok, babe. You're still my number one." Olivia said.

"Let's go my tummy is demanding snacks and ice cream!" Evan said. She moved over to her dresser and slipped on some yoga pants after taking off her pajama pants, then stepped into some UGGS. "I'm ready!" She said.

Olivia shook her head and grabbed her keys out of the bowl. "You goofball!" Now her daughter was someone she could recognize. They decided to walk to the store since it was on the corner. They walked arm and arm and talked and laughed. When they got into the store Olivia told Evan to go pick out whatever she wanted.

Evan headed down the aisle's filling her basket with chips, popcorn, cookies, drinks and when she got to the cold section she grabbed three different tubs of ice cream. She met her Mother in the front to pay.

Olivia eyed the basket. "Did you get anything for me?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Um...yeah sure Mom!" Evan laughed.

"Detective Benson!" Someone called from behind them.

Olivia whirled around with a smile, which quickly fell when she saw Brent Latimer standing in front of her. She moved to stand in front of Evan. "Who the hell let you out, you son of a bitch?!" She said.

"I got out for good behavior." Brent said with his ever present smirk. He looked over at Evan. "You're a Mommy?" He asked.

"Take one step closer to my daughter and I will shoot you!" Olivia warned. She always had her gun and badge on her.

Brent held up his hands. "No need to get all defensive." He said. He turned and walked out of the store.

"Mom? Who was that?" Evan asked. Something about the guy gave her the creeps.

"Someone I arrested a long time ago." Olivia said.

Evan nodded. She didn't ask anymore questions. She knew her Mom didn't really like talking about her job with her.

"Let's pay for this stuff and go home." Olivia said trying to lighten the mood. She paid and then rushed Evan out the door. To say she was a little rattled was an understatement. She rushed Evan out of the shop and when they got home, she told Evan to set everything up while she made a quick phone call.

Evan just finished adding another movie to the stack she picked out when her Mom came out of the office. "I was about to start without you." She said.

"Sorry babe. I'm all yours." Olivia said. She sunk into the couch cushions and grabbed a bag of chips.

Evan sat on the couch with her and laid on her shoulder. "It's ok." She said. She picked up the remote and pressed play.

"What are we watching?" Olivia asked.

"Snow White and the Huntsman." Evan said. She reached for one of the tubs of ice cream and dug in with her spoon. 'What a perfect Saturday.' She thought.