Chapter 5

Chris and Mar just left for sup class and I am trying to write a song. I have been writing songs from when I was young. So I get to write songs for the group.
Someone knocks on the door. I open the door to find my mom.
"Mom?" I say. Then I see the popular bunch that I have been receiving complaints about behind her. Uh, what're they doing here?
"Dear, I need you to watch over these troublemakers for a while. You need to keep them in order and make sure they stay quiet. That's all. Do you have any meetings?" She asks.
"Well, yeah. With all the student councilors." I say. "But I am sure watching them won't be a problem. They can just sit in the extra chairs in the side of the room. They are under Student Council's care after all. But why are you asking me mom?"
"I have a very important meeting in my room. That's why." She says. "Do as she just said."
What is it this time? They all trail in and sit by the side of the room.
"Thanks, dear!" She says.
"No problem." I reply and she leaves.
I just sit down and go back to working on my song. Man, this is awkward. They murmur among themselves and throw looks at me from time to time. At a point of time, I see Four staring at me. Okay, now I am trying not to blush. I tear my eyes away from them and force myself to look at my book. I don't trust myself to write a good song here, I just get things ready for the meeting.
The worse part is, I am gonna have to do it alone. Since Chris ans Mar's class override the time.
The door opens and all the student councilors trail in taking a seat in the meeting table.
"Good afternoon." I greet. "We all are aware of why we are here today."
I hate it when I am alone. Ugh...
"We are here regarding the open house that is about to take place in a few weeks. However, this time it has to be up to its best." I say. And then I tell them all about the number of students we got this year and how it has dropped, etc.
"We have to offer more classes and non-curricular activities. So set up whatever you think will be good. I give you all until next meeting. Also,I need some volunteers to help decorate the auditorium. I am planning on a special event. And I want it to be a surprise for all of you too." I say. 5 of them volunteer.
"Thank you. Meet me when I tell you." I say. They nod. "Meeting dismissed."
After they leave, I sigh and sit down. That was...alright I guess. I was kinda nervous because that popular bunch was watching me the whole time.
The door opens again and this time, Chris and Mar step. Phew, at least now I won't be alone.
"The meeting's over? Sorry Tris." Mar says.
"Never mind. It ended sucessfully." I say. They take one look at the group seated there and look at me.
"What is it time?" Chris asks.
I tell them the whole story.
"Oh..." Mar trails off. Suddenly, one of them bursts out laughing.
She turns to them.
"Weren't you all told to stay quiet?" She asks them sternly. Uriah is gawking at her. She obviously notices this since when she turns around, she is blushing.
"Command taken, babe!" He says. She blushes even more.
His girlfriend Lisa, scowls at her. Whatever, Marlene is better than her.
Then, I see Four staring at me the whole time. Now, I am trying not to blush, again.
Maybe we could happen...no never!
Lauren kisses his cheek.
And something in me deflates. Ugh...whatever.
"What is next?" Chris asks.
"I don't have anything in mind." I say. "We will just have to watch over that bunch." I whisper.
"Yeah, I can't believe he's really here!" Chris whispers to me, looking at Will.
"Ugh, whatever. Its not like they're celebrities or something. They just seem to think they are." I whisper. That group is made of couples. Everyone is with someone.
"Besides, he has a girlfriend." I whisper.
"Sadly." She says.
Monica, Will's girlfriend, looks at Christina warily.
"Is she prettier than me?" She whispers to him.
"No." He says. Chris's face falls.
"She is beautiful." He mutters under his breath when Monica smirks and looks away.
I smile. So he does like her.
But Christina didn't hear that. She still looks upset. I wonder every one of the guys are truly into the relationship or are they just putting up an act.
I don't know.
"Man, this is awkward. They're treating us as if we're some pre schoolers." Zeke exclaims. The girl next to him, Shauna agrees, holding onto his arm.
"What do you all even do everyday?" Four asks. Especially little miss hottie over there, you seem like the bossiest out of the 3."
Out of the corner of my eye, I see him looking at me. He called me a hottie. Four thinks I am HOT! OMG! But wait...its probably just a lie.
"We're the Student Council's three main members." Chris says, looking emotionless and in a strong voice. Cool.
"Oh, what're y'all called?" Four asks.
"Chris is the secretary and I am the vice-president." Mar answers.
"Chris? Isn't that a guy's name?" Will asks.
"That is short for Christina." Chris says.
"Oh I get it. Nice name." He says.
"And what is your name, babe?" Uriah asks, looking at Mar.
"Uh, I am Marlene." She says, trying not to blush.
"Won't little miss hot blondie over there talk?" Four asks. Alright, what is it with him. I am getting pissed.
Whatever, I am not hot.
"Oh, you are. You are as hot as hell." He says. Oops, I must've said that out loud. Lauren scowls at me.
"Well, the reason why I am the most superior out of the three is because I, Tris Prior, is the Student Council President. Is that enough? Or need I say more?" I ask, in a slightly British accent and standing up for more authority.
"Man, you are the hottest girl I have ever seen!" He exclaims. I am trying very hard not to blush.
Lauren stands up. Maybe he is just using me as an excuse to tease Lauren. I am not hot.
"Four! Am I your girlfriend or is she?" She asks.
"I think I would like it more if it was her." He says, pointing to me.
Okay, I am really confused and I wanna be outta here.
"What?!" She yells. "You calling her hot when she looks like a little girl?! Always eyeing other people's boyfriends. What a slut!"
She smirks. And I make sure she gets back what she deserves.
"Are you here for detention or to insult me?! You were all told to stay quiet! I made a mistake giving you a little leeway! And for your information Miss Lauren, if you ever talk of me or anyone else that way, I can get you expelled and I will! Is that clear?!" I shout.
"Lauren! Shut up!" Four whisper/yells at her. "Sit down!"
I see the slight fear and she goes back to sit down. Good. That's what she gets.
"Tris, its okay. Sit down."Chris says as Mar rubs my arm. I am not in the mood to be here anymore.
"Can you guys finish the job for me? I want to go home." I say.
"Sure." Mar nods in understanding.