Chapter 14

Tris POV
I don't like where this is going. They say they are hitting the bar tonight. And I am wary of it.
"Tris, I am so choosing what you are wearing tonight." Chris says and skips off, not giving me a chance to respond. I sigh. I guess there's a first time for everything. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
I walk out to the couch in the living room and plop down on it. How the hell am I gonna get to Four realise that he is the one for me?
Does he even have feelings for me anymore? I don't know. But I want to know and try. It's totally worth it. Even if I break my heart, it'll be because of my stupidity.
"You going tonight?" I hear the devil himself approaching me.
"Have to. No choice." I sigh. He chuckles adorably.
"Wanna sneak off somewhere?" He whispers to me. I look at him.
"You're serious?" I whisper back.
"You bet." He winks at me, which makes my heart flutter. "Come on, it'll be fun. Get that Student Council President like-mind out of you for once and live a life while you're young. We're not breaking any rules here. I hate bars too."
"Really? Why?" I ask.
"I just don't like it okay?" He replies. "So, are you coming?"
I ponder over it. I could totally ditch them all and be alone with him...
"Totally." I tell him. He smiles.
"Meet me at 7 and wear something casual." He whispers and goes off to his room.
xXx

Outfit

Outfit

Hair

It's 6:50 pm. I have to find a way to get out of this room.
"Guys, I am have to use the washroom. You go on ahead without me." I say and they all murmur an 'okay' to me.
I quickly get out of the and rush to the backyard, where a handsome Four along with his car, waits for me. He is dressed in a long-sleeved black shirt with dark blue jeans. He had unbuttoned his shirt on the top and gelled his hair a little. He looks damn hot if you ask me.
I am staring at him so intently that I don't realise that he is staring at me back, his eyes wide. I immediately blush.
"H-hey..." He trails off.
"Hi." I murmur back.
"Are you ready to go?" He asks, a smile growing on his face. I nod.
Minutes later, we arrive at a park. I look at him.
"I have always loved stargazing. Today is the perfect time for it. Look up." He says.
True enough, its a starlit sky, filled with stars as bright as his eyes are right now.
"Awesome." I comment.
"Isn't it?" He asks. "Now, come on. I have a picnic set up for us." He says, making me realise that he is holding a basket in his hand.
After setting up, we just sit in silence, gazing at the stars. I am glad I get to be alone with him this evening. I know Christina is gonna blow my ear off about it tommorow but I don't care. It's totally worth it.
I don't even feel like a Council President when I am with him. He just makes me act like a 16 year old girl who doesn't have a care in the world. I know I have to return to my life sooner or later, in one way or another. But I don't want to think about it. Because I will start to feel real. Too real. I sigh.
"Let's eat before the food goes cold." He says, bringing me out of my thoughts.
I nod, tucking in. "You know I never thought you would come with me today."
"Why is that so?" I ask. I would go anywhere with him. Even hell. It already feels like we are together. But too bad, we are not. Something deflates in me at that thought.
"Because I thought you'd think it was wrong. To be alone with me." He says, his eyes saddening.
"Why?" I ask.
"You like someone. If you go out, it should be with them right?" He asks.
I sigh. I thought he would have gotten the signal by now! Ugh!
"I hope he keeps you happy, Tris. You deserve to be treated like a princess." He says, his voice sounding strained. "Too bad, I am..."
The whole time I am just staring at him, waiting for him to finish.
"I am not..." Tears brim his eyes.
"Four..."
"I am not good..."
"Four, wait! I-"
"I am not good enough for you!" He screams, letting a few tears escape, his face contorted.

"Whatever it is...don't do anything stupid. He can get really hurt."
Zeke's words taunt my mind. I have hurt him. I don't know how but I have hurt him.
I don't realise that I am also crying when he looks at me.
"Oh Tris, no no. I wanted this to be happy. I am stupid for bringing this up. Just forget it, forget what I said." He says, running his thumbs under my eyes, getting the moisture away.
"Four...you still don't get it. Do you?" I ask.
"What? What do you mean?" He asks.
"You can be so damn stupid!" I laugh, letting a few tears escape while slapping his arms, like a cat. I don't know why am I crying.
"Tris...what?..." He trails off.
I jump on his lap, hugging him. He looks at me, shocked and places his hands on my waist.
Screw this 'waiting for him' thing. He is never gonna see it. Only one of us has to take the first step right. I will do it. I gently place my lips on his.

And I feel like I am floating.

My heart beats so fast that I feel it will pop out of my chest any moment.

I wrap my arms tighter around him.

He starts to kiss back.

Are we finally together now? I pull back to see pure nothing but happiness in his dark blue, which look light to me at that moment. He grins so widely that my heart aches.
"It was me? The whole time?" He yells.
"You idiot! Yes it was!" I laugh.
"God, I am such an idiot." He exclaims, hitting his head with the tissue roll that was next to us. I laugh, bringing it away.
"I would have made the first move. But let me ask you 'the question.'" He asks. "Be my girl, hottie?"
I certainly love this way of him asking me.
"Yes, yes, an infinite number of times, yes!" I yell, giggling. Wait, giggling? Whatever. Nothing can measure how happy I am right
now.
Christina is gonna blow my ear off. But its totally worth it.