Chapter 7

"That will be all. Thank you." I say, stepping of the stage. I just gave a briefing speech to the cohort about the open house. This year is very important to us. I must bring up the school's reputation. I yawn out of fatigue, I didn't really sleep last night as this speech thinggy came to me in the eleventh hour and I had to finish the speech.

But luckily its a Friday today. So I can sleep tonight.
"Good job, Tris. Now its Christina's turn to make the yearly advisor's speech." Mar says.
"I know. She is like the most hated person, all she does is go around counselling people as part of the Student Council duties." I chuckle.
"Lol." Mar laughs. "Sleepover tonight?"
"Not today, I am tired and I want to sleep. Maybe tommorow?" I say.
"Okay sure." She says. "The speech made you stay up all night?"
"Yes, blame my mom. She came to me in a hurry, saying that I had to do this and I was so tired." I say.
Marlene chuckles.
"Phew. Finally, I am done." Christina pants behind us. "No one was even listening to me. What is the point of even making this speech then?"
"You do it because you have to." I say.
"Yeah. Curse my life." She says.
"What now?" Mar asks.
"Time for class!" I say in a sing song voice.
"Yay." Chris rolls her eyes.

xXx

"What about the list of clubs?" I ask.
"Right here." Mar says, holding up a stack of papers.
"Courses?" I ask.
"Check." Chris says, doing the same.
"Tris relax. Everything's ready, okay?" Mar says, rubbing my arm. While Chris massages my temples.
"Everything's going good. I made sure the Councilors did everything right. I know how much this means to you. It means as much to us too." Chris says.
"Let's go outside for a little or something." Mar suggests.
"Alright." I stand up, stretching. We decide to walk around the school, taking in the fresh air.
"Oh look who is here! Its you babe! Marlene right?" I hear Uriah's voice. I smirk in jest.
"Uh, y-yeah..." She says, her cheeks turning red.
Its them again. Sitting in one of the tables in the cafeteria.
I feel eyes looking at me again. Four.
"Hi Tris," He smiles.
I just nod and look away.
Will is trying not to look at Christina but he ends up doing it anyway.
"What brings you here?" Four asks, walking closer to us, to me.
"We just came out for fresh air. That's all." Chris answers.
"Seems like I was right. Lil' miss hot blondie won't talk." He says.
I turn to glare at him. He needs to stop calling me that. But when I do, he backs off a little, gasping.
"You, my lady, have a very piercing glare. It burnt a hole right into my soul." He says. He is playing around with me again. "Won't say anything? How sad."
"Well, I should get going." I say.
"So fast?" He catches my wrist and pulls me back. The 2 of them are drawn into their own daydreaming to notice what's going on.
"How I wish you were mine." He whispers, running his hand up my arm. Making me shiver.
I break free from him. "Mr. Eaton, just stop it." And then I storm off. To the Council Room, only to find that he followed me all the way here.
"Why on earth did you follow me?" I say.
"Ah yes, the Council Room. I see why you came out for fresh air, President." He chuckles.
"Go out with me?" He asks.
"You have a girlfriend." I say.
"I don't care about her." He says.
"Yes you do." I say.
"No I freaking don't." He says, taking my hand. And shove him away.
"Why do you push me away?" He asks, looking disappointed.
"Because you are not even supposed to be here. Just go." I say firmly, looking away.
He sighs. "Alright. See ya later babe."

What the hell? Did he just call me 'babe'?
Again, he is such a player. He has a girlfriend and he wants to flirt with me. Ugh...