Chapter 8

Its finally Friday, the last day of school. And tommorow is prom, which I find kind of strange and the day after that is the Open House. So basically its the last day of school for some people. Not me. Or the rest of the Student Council. I sigh. Being a president is so hard....
"We're here people!" I hear Christina's voice as the door bursts open. Marlene chuckles.
"Hey girls." I greet.
"Whatcha doin'?" Chris asks.
"Nothing much, just going through the lists, over and over again. Someone seems to be in a good mood today." I say.
"Well, its the last day of school." Marlene says.
"Right. Tommorow is prom and we still jave to be here. But luckily, we don't have to roam around in our uniforms. We can wear dresses and just walk around the school." I say.
"Really? Yes!" Christina squeals.
"I have always wanted to wear a dress to prom." Marlene mutters.
"What about the Student Council logo display on the Open House?" I ask.
"All set." Christina assures me, holding up a big plaque of the Council's logo.

"Amazing

"Amazing." I comment, smiling a little.
"I can't wait for tommorow." Marlene says.
"Me too." Christina adds.
"Me three." I mutter.
xXx
I wake up to the sunlight shining on my face through my big glass window by my bed.
The translucent curtain doesn't help that much.
My phone immediately buzzes with text messages.
Hey girl! What's up?? Its prom!!! -Chris
Hey Tris! Good morning!-Mar
I reply to the messages and stand. I need to get ready.
xXx

A while later, I stand in front of the mirror with the apparel that I had planned out

A while later, I stand in front of the mirror with the apparel that I had planned out. Even now, I see beauty in everything but me.
I sigh. I could never be as beautiful as the girls I see in school. Time to go.
xXx
"Whatever do you mean? You look gorgeous!" Marlene exclaims.
"I don't know about that." I say.
"Tris, you need to be confident. I bet you all the guys today will be staring at you." She says. I almost want to laugh at that thought.
"Hey girls! And wow! Tris, I can't believe it! Is that you?" Christina stops where she stands when she looks at me.
"Its her in the flesh. Tell her that." Marlene sighs.
"You. Look. Amazing!" Christina says.
"Thanks." I say. "Let's go. Its my job to announce the king and queen."
xXx
"And the prom king of this year is...Four Eaton!" I fake cheer. He is the prom king every single year. "The prom queen...Lauren Kingston!"
I almost roll my eyes at her being the prom queen. Seriously, she looks so slutty.
I get down the stage.
"Can we go somewhere to sit? I am exhausted." Christina says.
"Sure." I say.
We find a spot and settle down.
"So what's so special this year that we got to wear dresses and sort of join the party?" Marlene asks.
"I don't know. My mom just suddenly came up with this and I was like 'why not?' Its nice to take a little break from duties every now and then." I say.
"Nice idea." Christina comments.
"Well, you ladies are looking hot tonight. Especially little miss hottie over there." I hear that deep voice say, causing Christina to wriggle her eyes at me. I turn around to face Mr Eaton.
He smiles and I feel like melting ice. I don't know why. "Beautiful." He comments.
Seriously, what's he doing here?
"Aren't you the king? You're supposed to be in the dance floor by now." I say.
"Oh, so you do talk." He smirks. "Yeah, I will go to the dance floor, if you will dance with me."
I scoff. "I am not the prom queen."
But I feel like I want to dance with him.
"No one cares, certainly not me. Come on,I am the king here. You must dance with me." He insists, with that boyish smirk on his face.
I must say he looks really handsome tonight, doesn't he?
Wait what? I don't care if he looks handsome.
He has his hair all gelled up and he is wearing a navy blue suit. Hot.
Wait, what am I thinking? I don't know!
"Come on, Tris. You know you want to." Marlene pushes me towards him and he takes my hand. I almost gasp. I feel something like a burning sensation threading up my arm when he touches me.
He pulls me towards the dance floor and everyone's eyes are on us. I start to get a bit nervous, what if I mess up?
I feel his hand slide around my waist and pull me closer to his body. A slow song starts and we start moving in sync.
"You are looking beautiful tonight, Miss Prior." He smiles his dazzling smile at me. Dazzling? What is happening to me?
"T-thank you." I mentally curse myself for stuttering.
He looks into my eyes and his turn sad. What's wrong?
"How I really wish you were mine." He sighs. I don't say anything.
"Oh right. You are not gonna talk again." He chuckles.
Maybe he isn't as bad as I think?
I allow myself to put on a smile, directed at him.
His ocean blue eyes light up as he sees me smile.
"Can we be friends?" He asks.
"Of course." I say.
His smile turns into a bright and gorgeous grin.
"I am certainly glad that you aren't pushing me away anymore." He says.
"I am glad you are." I say.

Well this has certainly been an eventful evening.