Chapter 12

"Thank you, honey." My mom says, looking up from her laptop. "And I am glad you have something to do for this summer. Enjoy."
We are leaving, tommorow. I don't know why do I feel so nervous thinking of that. Everything is gonna be alright, right? I don't know. I go to my room, fatigue taking over my body. I am actually craving a shower right now. My phone beeps.

Hey, we'll pick you up at 8 tommorow.-Four

What should I say? I don't know.
Alright.-Tris
That sounds so downbeat. I should have used an exclamation mark.
You alright?-Four
Ugh! See what I meant?!
Yes! Why wouldn't I be?-Tris

There, that sounds better.
Good, cuz ur supposed to be excited.-Four
I see. Yeah, I am :)-Tris.
Stupid. Me.
Are u sure ur alright?-Four
Yesssss >~<-Tris
That's it. I can tell you aren't. Where is your house? I am coming over.-Four
*sigh* Avenue 24, Promenade Street. -Tris
XD-Four
Whatever :/-Tris
See ya XD-Four

I put my phone down and sigh. What have I gotten myself into?
xXx
The door to my room opens and my mom comes in.
"Dear, one of your friends is here to see you." She says. He is here.
"Yeah, tell him to come in." I say. She smiles and gestures for him. He comes in, with a smirk planted on his face.
"Got you." He says.
"You didn't have to come all the way here." I tell him.
"I don't mind." He says, plopping down on the bed beside me. "Nice room."
"Thanks." I say.
"So what is the issue? Why are you nervous?" He asks.
How did he even find out that I am nervous? "Um, okay. Believe it or not, I have literally never had a vacation before. I don't even know what it is! Work, work and work! That is what all my world has been about ever since I was little." I finish ranting.
"Are you kidding me? You have literally never had a childhood before?!" He asks,astonished.
"What'd you expect?" I ask.
"That's it. You are the VIP of this trip alright." He says. "You have to live your life. And I am gonna teach you how to do it."
"Whatever that means." I mutter.
xXx
Why do I feel so different today? I wonder while rubbing the sleep off my eyes. Then everything comes back to me.
Crap! Today's the trip! I am gonna be late!
I think to myself, as I rush into the shower.

Minutes later, I walk out, newly dressed, and with dripping hair.

I am wearing one of the dresses I bought when I went shopping with Christina that day

She insisted that I wear this. So yeah. My bags are already shifted to the vacation site. So I don't have to worry about heavy bags today. I go downstairs and sit on my couch to wait for the car to arrive. A while later, the doorbell rings, indicating they are here.
I smile at Zeke, who greets me cheerfully.
"Ready?" He asks. I nod. "You will be sitting in the car behind."
I open the door to find Four staring at me, his eyes wide. I wonder why.
"Hi! Are we the only ones here?" I ask.
I look behind to find no one. "Yeah, obviously." I answer myself.
He is still staring at me. "Four?" I wave my hand in front of his. He snaps out of his daze and starts driving.
"So, what are we doing next?" I ask.
"Going to the cabin and settle down first. And we will see." He says. I nod.
He suddenly grabs my hand, which is next to me. I look at him, perplexed and my cheeks turning pink. What's happening?
"Oh sorry, I meant to grab the gear." He says, letting go of my hand. And something in me felt like it just deflated.
What is this? I don't know. He has a girlfriend. I shouldn't be feeling this. But when I look at him, I just want to disappear.
"Right." I say. Do I have feelings for him? Do I like him? No, its wrong. What's going on? Am I losing myself? Who am I turning into?
"Tris?" He says, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Hmmm?"
"Do you have feelings for anyone?" He asks, and it throws me off guard.
"Uh..well..." I stutter.
"Yeah?" He presses me on.
I decide to tell him the partial truth. "Yes,actually." I smile at him. But he doesn't look amused when he hears that. His smirk turns into...disappointment. Disappointment? Why would he be disappointed?
"May I know who is it?" He asks, his voice emotionless. Did I say something wrong?
I can't tell him yet.
"I don't really want to tell anyone yet." I say.
"I see." He says.
The rest of the ride was awfully quiet. I didn't like it. The moment I jumped out of the car, I ran to Chris and Mar.
"Oh Tris, I knew you would look fabulous in that dress!" Chris screeches. I chuckle.
"Come on! Let's go!" Mar says.

So, basically the 3 of us, took a room and settled down.
"I swear, you 3 are inseperable." Zeke says.
"We have together since we were babies. You can't blame anyone." Marlene says.
"Obviously." He chuckles. "Four has been acting cranky since just now. Any idea what happened?"
"Is it something I said?" I ask, more to myself.
"What happened?" He asks.
"He asked me whether I have crush on someone. And I said yes. There's nothing in there right?" I ask.
"You could have said no!" He exclaims.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"Can't you tell? He likes you!" He says, exasperated.
"H-h does?" My heart flutters with happiness. "But he has a girlfriend!"
"Haven't you heard? They broke up!" He says. "You said yes, and now he thinks you like someone else."
"Oh my god, I screwed it up." I say.
"But I don't think you should be the one to say it. He should." Marlene intervenes.
"Yeah, it doesn't feel right..." I agree on it.
"Whatever it is...don't do anything stupid. He can get really hurt." Zeke says.
"Yeah I know." I say. I just have to show him that he is the one I am interested in. And make him say the words himself.