Mummy

*gulps* OK first try here I go I'm sure this is horrible and way off but um first try no kill me? *hides behind cute mummy boy*

Y/N POV:

Sitting in the café across from the small local natural history museum I watch the workers bring in crate after crate of artifacts from the newly discovered tomb of a young pharaoh. I hadn't watched the news enough to remember much about it, but it still gives me a bit of an uneasy feeling. Shouldn't the dead be left to 'rest in peace'?

POV???
__________________________________________________________

The store room of the museum was dark and dust floated through the air. An eary silence filled the air and nothing dare make sound. Nothing, until the loud crack of splintering wood eminated through the air. Something had awoken.

___________________________________________________________

"What happened?" I said and started coughing due to all the dust. My throat is scratchy and dry. Geez I need some water. I rub my eyes and look around and recognize nothing. I can't remember what happened, heck I can't remember much of anything.
Groaning and feeling like a corpse, I get up to start my search.

~Time skip brought to you by Jace dropping the strategically placed seraph blade for Shadowhunters weekly (I need time skips, halp!)~

Y/N POV:

'How? how do you lose a mummy?' Last night the museum somehow lost their new child mummy with no signs of a break in. I shook my head, if it wasn't stolen what? do they think it walked away?

Sighing, I laced up my shoes and headed towards town to get groceries for Mom.
Not many people were outside, as it was starting to cloud up to rain again. Just my luck. It's been on and off rain for weeks.
As it starts to rain I quickly duck inside a gas station for cover. The door was unlocked but the lights are off, where is everyone?

Going further inside and looking around you see the figure of a boy around your age who seems to be looking around and cautiously walk towards him "Hey, you alright? Where is everyone?" You question.

The boy looked over to you and smiled. You immediately noticed how his beautiful heterochromatic eyes brightly shined. Oddly he was wearing a small tan cape and what looked like fabric wraps, a prank about the missing mummy perhaps? You hadn't seen him around here before.
He stretched out his hand and said
"Hmm it was a bit empty when I entered, and how do you fair my lovely? I am Ateth. And you might be?"

His voice was sweet like honey and though looks may deceive, he didn't seem dangerous.
Not seeing any harm in telling him your name "(Y/n)" you replied and went to shake
But instead he lightly kissed your knuckles "A beautiful name for my beautiful empress" he said handing you a rose while smiling at you still.

"Hrm, your not from around here are you?" you asked. He chuckled "Well you could say that, hmm let's sit and chat?" he replied happily. You shrugged 'what's the harm?' you thought 'after all, he is quite cute.'

~Time skip to a few months later because warlocks are fabulous~

You were sitting on the couch comfortably snuggled up to Teth, his arm wrapped around your shoulder, watching TV. "You know, they never did find that missing mummy boy." You commented, not taking your eyes off the screen.

He hummed acknowledging your words "Maybe he became busy with his fated empress?" He said while flashing you an adorable smile
You snorted at that. "Whatever you say King Tut." You said causing him to pout like a puppy.

"It would've been King Ateth who was famous. Not some lame old Tut." He said sounding annoyed and hugged you tighter, nuzzling his face in your hair. "Yeah yeah yeah" you mumbled leaning against him, playing with the wrappings on his arm.
"Hey what did happen to the gas station people?" you asked
Ateth tapped his chin in thought

~flashyback~

Cold. Cold, wet and unfamiliar. What is this place? Nothing looks right though I don't remember what 'right' would be exactly.
Seeking shelter I enter a brightly lit building "we're closed." a man at the counter of what looks to be his shop said. Ignoring him, I look at his aisles of colorful goods
"Excuse me but we're closed so get out." Another man said while motioning towards the door I entered.
Getting annoyed by the pair I said "You dare tell Prince Ateth to leave? BEGONE!" and lifted my arms causing wraps to shoot out and mummify them both.
Though consequently my power made the lights explode, leaving me in darkness.

~flashyback over~

"Teth!" you exclaimed after hearing his story "Was I not supposed to do that?" Ateth asked while looking down at you in his arms. "No! you weren't!" You exclaimed and face palmed at his slight cluelessness. He shrugged not really caring about it and kept cuddling and leaned down to sweetly kiss your lips.

Some monsters just want to be loved~