Vampire: Cold Cuddles

Pressed against his side, icy arms wrapped around your waist, nimble fingers slip beneath the hem of your shirt to rest on warm skin.

"Darling, you're absolutely freezing." you mutter quietly.

He chuckles, cool lips pressing a kiss to the nape of your neck.

"Cold as a corpse I suppose."

You crack a grin, elbowing him lightly and causing another moment of laughter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though you're well aware he couldn't eat any of it, it still seems rude only preparing a meal for yourself.

The knife clicks against the cutting board when fingers, warm and careful slip onto your torso.

You jolt, spinning around and raising your blade to the neck of-

"Darling?" you are met with the face of your beloved, who looks only slightly interested by the knife hovering an inch from his throat.

He only lights an eyebrow at your actions. "Is everything alright, my love?"

You slowly lower your weapon, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Oh, I am perfectly fine." Taking in his appearance and noting the odd blanket wrapped over his shoulder "Are you ok?"

The tone of your voice as you glance at the rather warm hand that was pressed against you makes him grin,

"Completely as well." he hums. "I thoughts maybe an electric blanket might solve our earlier dilemma."

He pulls you close, pressing himself against you, heat resonates through his skin. You can feel the warmth still radiating from the small blanket which is still on high

You rest your chin on his shoulder, nose pressed against his strangely hot neck where the blanket had been resting, one arm reaching around to hold him close.

"This feels weird." you mumble against him, words tickling his skin. "Unnatural." you add.

His laughter is deep, you already know the joyous expression on his face before he pulls away.

"More unnatural than the flesh of the living dead?" The twinkle in his eye tugs at your heart.

But you only roll your eyes, not attempting to hide your smile.

"Oh yes, cuddling with corpses has always been my preference anyway." You turn back to the food you were preparing.

Oddly warm arms slip around your waist once more, your over leans down to rest his head on your shoulder to watch.

"It smells delicious, my love. Outdoing yourself once again."

You scoff, momentarily curious to if he ever tasted half the ingredients while alive.

"But," he grins, fangs slipping out and grazing your neck teasingly. "it could never be near as diving tasting as you, my sweet, sweet beloved."

"Do you want to eat before or after me, dear?" As you finish your task.

He pretends to give it thought, making a little sound while re-resting his chin on your shoulder.

"After. Your tiredness is perfect for stealing more affection and cuddles."

Your lift your and it hand slips through his silk-like soft hair causing him to sign in content.

"Agreed, but without the blanket please?" Moving away from him to finish your meal.

He chuckles again, sliding the fabric off and folding it neatly.

"Does it truly bother you that much?" He inquires.

"I'm used to the frigid touch of someone who hasn't had pumping blood in centuries, thank you for the attempt though." you turn, pulling him to you and place a kiss to the corner of his familiarly cold lips. "You really are so sweet."

Your sweet touch causes him a lovestruck and dopey smile, he would surely blush if he could.

"If I go bathe in ice could we cuddle sooner?" The near childishness in the voice of such a 'creature of the night' makes you grin.

"Too cold." He pouts at your words, shoulders falling limp.

"Besides," you hum, "if you ever need warmed up I'm sure I could get my body to suffice." You peak at him, tongue tied and someone more pale.

"How would that work?" He gulps, mouth suddenly very dry.

"I'm sure we could figure something out darling."

"Some monsters just want to be loved~"

(I get sick, I think about vampires. I don't know why, but enjoy my habit.)