Reindeer

{Weird ass Christmas special I thought up at 3am, please don't judge, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it, and to all a Goodnight!}

"Well, I think everything's set." you say looking around and placing the festive plate with decorated cookies on the table in front of the fireplace.

The Christmas tree was all decorated, garland hung, everything festive with the fireplace giving the room a warm glow.

Your Parent(s) had taken your older sibling(s) (or dog in it's fancy Christmas time suit) to see the neighbors to see the decorations and visit. Leaving you to put make sure your younger sibling(s) stayed in bed and put out the cookies for Santa.

Tired from a long day of finishing up all the holiday preparations, and getting everything ready. You were eager to finish up and get to bed yourself. After you'd put the cookies out and made sure the door way locked, unplugging the Christmas tree treelights and all but the the porch light, you checked to make sure the door was locked (your parent(s) better have taken their keys...) and went upstairs to wash up and head to bed.

~Time skip brought to you by Leo Valdez, aka Santa's part time Latino elf~

You groaned sleepily unsure why you were awake(ish), squinting your eyes rolling over in your bed to see your clock reading [2:57am].

You groaned again. Why were you up this early, you turned away from your clock to go back to sleep.
A loud creaking sound on the roof causes your eyes to shoot open, the creaking soon followed by three more similar creaks.

Listening intently you wait for a moment, silence.
Then,

*WUMP*

Listening carefully you start to here an unfamiliar voice quietly singing 'Jingle bells' down stairs. As quietly as possible you open the door and exit your room, cautiously going downstairs, trying not to make any sound.

slowing making your wake down the staircase and peaking around the corner-*creeeak* his eyes shoot up and look at you 'dammit' you curse under your breath silently, thinking to 'of all the times to forget the creaking step'

You look up to see the Christmas tree was plugged in again giving the room a cheerful glow, the stranger standing beside your tree, a large smile plastered on his face watching in your direction accompanied by a small wave

Hesitantly you step out of the stairway to see the boy better "Uh...who're you?"

"I'm Blitzen!" he 'whisper' shouted cheerful and threw another small box under the tree

You took a few steps closer to see what he was doing near your tree "Like... the reindeer..?" You asked confused and still groggy from sleep, maybe this is just a dream. A really weird dream.

"Exactly like the reindeer!" he gave a joyous laugh" That's who I am after all"

"You're the reindeer? you're a boy." you said shaking your head at him, this dream is a little too weird for you.

"Well duh. I'm one good of ol' Santy's reindeer. Like my siblings! Dasher and Dancer and Prancer an-"
You cut him off, waving your hand "I know who Santa's reindeer are, but they're reindeer and you" you pointed at him "are a boy," crossing your arms you furrowed your brows watching him walk over to the platter of cookies left for Santa

The boy-Blitzen laughed lightly as he took a cookie off the platter.

"You know how Santa has his reindeer fly his sleigh and help him deliver presents, yea?"

You nodded slowly, "Everyone knows that, why?" not quite understanding where he was going with this "

"Weeellll, Santa needs a bit more help than just flyin' an old sleigh. And the more kids, the more presents to make! Sooo with a little pinch of magic us 'reindeers' are like this." he motioned to himself  "And pretty much we do all the work, we help the elves make the toys. Some of those little guys are ridiculous, I mean, who needs Christmas colored owl eggs in their stockings, right? those dudes've been hanging out with the old bunny way too much. Ooh! cinnamon!" He says exanimating another cookie to take and sticking it in his mouth, smiling in approval at the taste.

You nod slowly, trying to comprehend what the boy-deer was saying not that any of it made sense any way. 

"old guy tells us what to take where, we pull the sleigh, in deer form of course" he says he says 'course' in an exaggerated tone with an eye roll but still keeping his overly cheerful tone and spinning around, giving you a small playful wink.

"So we make some toys, go all fancy deer and pull the sleigh, then take orders from the big guy and drop presents like these bad boys" he pulls out another, smaller gift, and twirls it in the air before handing it gingerly to you

"For you, (mademoiselle/monsieur)" he turned back to the tree, rummaging around in his bag and pulling out certain gifts to set underneath the branches"

"So, you're the real Santa's helpers?" you ask, still a bit confused while examining the golden wrapped box in your hand

he nods putting a bigger box under the tree
"So yea, we take the gifts wherever they're meant to be. I mean, he does some stuff too, like making lists and checking them, and delivers some gifts me-I mean we, the 'reindeers' do it too, pretty awesome eh?"

"Well my deer, hehe, see what I did there? 'deer'? ah well" he hefted his sack of gifts over his shoulder "I must be going, thank you for the delicious cookies you made and may you have a wonderful Christmas." he smiles happily at the tree, bending down to tilt one of the gifts to a slightly different angle.

He looked up above you and his soft smile turned into a joyful grin "oh, ho ho ho, and what is this?" you looked up following his gaze to see a little green and red plant "A reindeer must obey holiday traditions!"
your eyes widened "Oh wait- no," you backed up from it shaking your head "that isn't-"

the boy-Blitzen quickly stepped forward and placed a chaste kiss on your lips grinning at you again "Merry Christmas (Y/n)!" he stopped for a moment, putting his gloved finger on his chin thinking then looking back at you and leaned down and-LICKED YOUR CHEEK?

"Ew!" you gasped rubbing his saliva off and glaring at him and wanting an explanation.
He shrugged innocently before going to enter the chimney, only giving you a cheeky grin "Well I am a reindeer still, as you know"

And with one last wink, he was gone. Leaving you standing in your living room with a special present signed -Blizten  wondering how much of this you'll remember by morning

Some monsters just want to be loved~