Zombie

Crashes, bangs, moans, and the sounds of things crashing into the walls. That's what you've been hearing every night since your family moved into this 'new' house. You always hear it coming from the basement, you being on the first floor and your room not far from the cellar door. But everyone else's rooms were upstairs so they didn't hear a thing. They didn't listen to what you said. Not that they'd believe you anyway.

The noises always started when it became dark and even though you weren't scared of much, you'd seen a few to many movies and read to many stories to go check it out. It didn't help that most nights you were alone in the house because your parents were out working or whatever they do for most of the night.

Twice you'd gone into the basement, in broad daylight of course, and looked around. It was a crowded mess of junk and weird jars and gardening supplies from the houses' last owner. But you had found nothing to explain the sounds that had been emitting from the cold stone room that had no lights and only one small window. Maybe you had imagined it every time it happened? But no such luck. it happened again that night, even on the days you had checked. You decided not to check for any extremely noisy ghosts for awhile.

Think you'd be used to it after two months? nope! it still bothered you to no end. But tonight you were going to face your fears of serial killers or creepypasta's hanging out in your basement. You had decided this around 12:30 when you had gotten frustrated by the third noise disrupting you from watching FairyTail.

Re-pausing your video, you grabbed your best flashlight and set towards the doorway to the nightly unknown. You could practically hear the 'something's about to happen' music as you got closer. A loud crash echoed from the closed door making you question actually opening it. Going against your better judgment and ready to die by whatever horrors await, you opened it and quickly switched on and lifted your flashlight.

Even though you weren't dead yet you almost had a heart attack from what you saw. Through the floating dust your flashlight illuminated a pale face with glazed eyes, part of the mouth of the person seemed to have been ripped off. Your eyes widened and without giving it a second thought you dropped your flashlight and slammed the cellar door shut, running back to your room and locking the door behind you.

Panting heavily with your heart beating a mile a minute, you leaned against the door not comprehending what you just saw and feeling a little light headed. You pushed your desk in front of the locked door and fell on your bed. Hoping if anything were to come and kill you, your hamster would protect you.

___________________________________________________

The next few days went past rather uneventfully, aside from slightly quitter than usual noises in the basement and the fact you were now freaked out and paranoid beyond belief.

You had talked to a few friends about the matter but they either looked at you like you were crazy or thought you were joking. But you being you, you needed to find out what was down there. You just couldn't stay safe and forget about it. You were going back to the basement.

You sat in your room waiting for the noises to start. Ever since you had tried investigating before the noises were a lot quieter, they still happened but were quieter.

But it was just too creepy for your tastes having a unknown something or other living in the basement that was oh so wonderfully close to you. After borrowing another flashlight from somewhere and drinking a few gallons of soda in hopes to have such a sugar high you could outrun anything, it was time to go back to the basement.

____________________________________________________

A few minutes ago you had heard a creaking sound but nothing since, had they (whatever 'they' were) come and gone already? Slowly you opened the door trying not to make much noise in hopes of not alerting them of your arrival.