Misdirections- A Liam Payne Lovestory

[Layla's P.O.V] Chapter One-

Tonight was the atypical Friday night. As always I sat at the bar in the club nursing a large vodka lemonade while I watched my best friend enjoy life and dancing the night away. I watched her curly brown hair bounce up and down as she danced. She was so good. Well obviously, how else would she have gotten the job as a background dancer on the X-factor? That was where she had met the gorgeous, talented boy who was dancing with her and laughing at everything she said. Liam. My heart raced at just the thought of him. I chugged the rest of my drink, and slammed it down on the bar, signaling I needed another. There was a burning in the back of my throat but I washed it down with another swig from my drink. This was going to be another long night, I thought to myself as I watched Danielle dance on Liam.  

Just as I was finishing my fifth drink I heard Danielle chimes of laughter coming toward me. "Layla, how many have you had?"

"A few, why? I can still drive." I said trying stand and then falling back into my stool at the bar. My head was pounding and I closed my eyes.

"No, I don't think you can," I heard a deep voice rumble. "I'll drive both of you home." I opened my eyes to find Liam's brown eyes full of concern.

"No, no you don't have to I got it, plus my car and everything is here... and my mom will be so... and I just wanna..."

"No. That's final." Liam put one hand on the small of my back and the other hand around my waist and helped me to his car.

Once Liam started the car I got another pounding headache and closed my eyes with a whimper. Danielle reached back to stroke my hair. I fought off the urge to bite her, didn't she know that she did this to me? Parading around with him like that. As soon as we started moving I threw up all over Liam's backseat and Danielle's arm. I smiled softly before puking even more. The tears came soon after. 

By the time we reached Danielle's flat I was completely covered in puke and tears. She said she'd call me and told Liam she loved him and then got out of the car. Great friend. Liam started up the car again and drove me to my flat. He went to open the door for me and saw what state I was in. "Bloody Hell," he muttered. "We've got to get you out of these clothes." I nodded softly and threw up again. He lifted me up and carried me inside. He laid me on my bed and lifted my shirt over my head. His hands moved to unbutton my pants. He cleared his throat and removed my jeans. "Do you need the rest off?" He asked. Without waiting for me to answer he took off my soaked bra and tried his best to avert his eyes.

"I love you Liam," I slurred almost naked.

"Oh do you?" He giggled as he tried to put on a clean shirt on me while averting his eyes.

"I do. You can look at me if you want. You don't always have to be.... what's that word I'm thinking of?" I giggled.

"Chivalrous." He slipped his sweatshirt over my clean shirt, and somehow managed to wiggle pajama pants on me without me throwing up on him.  "I'm going to get you a few aspirin and some water do you need anything else?"

"You," I reached out for him giggling and then held in puke .

"A waste bin," he said to himself.

Liam returned in a few seconds with a trash can, a class of water and two aspirin.  "Here you go, Layla." He turned to leave.

"Wait! Don't go Li! Please stay here with me."

"Now, Layla you know I can't."

"Yes, you can, please?"

"Ok, Lays. Now go to bed. I'll go hang out on the couch."

"There's room in the bed," I stuttered while patting next to me.

Liam gave me a disapproving look but reluctantly laid down next to me and stroked my hair. He kissed the top of my head and turned to go to sleep.

"I love you Li."

"I know you do, now go to sleep."

"I really do...." I sleepily muttered before blacking out.