Chapter Two

[Layla's P.O.V]

I woke up in Liam's arms with the sun shining down on my face gently. I smiled deeply while stretching. I was so happy. Then I looked down and saw his sweatshirt and the memories of last night rushed back to me. My embarrassment became present as I blushed. He was here because I was drunk and. begged him to stay.  Quietly, I moved Liam's arms and tried to get out of bed without waking him. Immediately I stripped down and folded Liam's sweatshirt neatly on the nightstand. I slipped on my leather leggings and lace peplum shirt, if he was here why not look good for him? Quickly and silently, I went into the bathroom and lined my eyes and curled my honey colored hair into small ringlets. Now the question was to make him breakfast or not to?

Tip-toeing out into the kitchen I turned on the front burner and got eggs out of the fridge. As I flipped eggs I heard the shower turn on. I smiled quietly thinking of who was in my shower. The ringing of my flat's phone interrupted my fantasy.  "Ello'?"

"Hey Lays! It's Danielle!"

"Um.." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Hey Danielle."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yes thank you. Hey, um, Danielle, I umm... Liam crashed on my couch last night cuz' he was just famished. "

"Oh! That explains why he isn't picking up his phone! How sweet of him! He does love to play protector!"

"Yeah, haha, he sure does. It was awfully kind of him."

"What was awfully kind of me?" I heard Liam say. I turned around to look at him and found him in a towel. Every muscle on Liam's body defined and dripping wet. Gasping audibly, I dropped the phone.

"You... um... you know... staying here...umm.. can you... uhh... get dressed, please?" I stammered.

"Sure. You made eggs?'

"Yes." I bent down to pick up the phone.

"I'm sure they are delicious."

"Help yourself." "Danielle?" I said into the phone, "Are you still there? Sorry, I just had a horrible fright."

"It's cool. So what are you doing?"

Not fantasizing about your boyfriend. "Can I call you back? I'm getting another call."

"Sure, sure! Talk to you later! Give Li my regards! Love you Layla!"

"Umm, love you too, Danielle." I hit the end call button and hit the talk button once I saw Niall was calling.

"Hey! What are you doing today Layla?"

"Nothing really. Why'd what did you have in mind?"

"Well, the boys said they wanted to go to the carnival today but now they've all bailed except Liam and I can't get a hold of him. So I was wondering if you wanted to go?"

"Sure! I'd love too!" I smiled.

"Awesome! How about one o'clock today? Does that work, love?"

"Perfect! See you then!" I hung up and took a deep breath and walked to my room. Knocking, I opened the door. I caught a glimpse of Liam's bare chest and slammed the door closed. "Sorry Li!" I shouted.

"It's ok, I have my clothes on now you can come in now." I opened the door and found Liam fully clothed this time and sighed with relief.

"Danielle has been calling for you. You should probably call her and me and Niall are going to carnival. He said you haven't gotten back to him on whether or not you wanna go. He was just wondering because the other boys cancelled."

"I'll go for sure I've been looking forward to it. Maybe I should invite Danielle?"

"Umm." Thinking on my feet out of jealousy I said, "Niall said no girlfriends."

"Than maybe I should talk to him about bringing you, if there's a no girlfriend policy and he invited you."

"But I'm not your girlfriend, Danielle is."

"Umm yeah I know that. That's not what I meant."

I mentally slapped myself of course it was. Jeez Layla! Keep up!