T H I R T E E N

When love is not madness it is not love
- Pedro Calderón de la Barca

••••••••

T H E P L A N

- Damien Fernandez -

"We have to tell you something," My papá started, his eyes shifting across the room.

No one spoke, instead, it would seem as if they couldn't bring themselves to do it. They were all angry. But at what? I didn't know.

"Will someone please speak. Now." Alexia sternly stated, arms crossed against her chest as she stood tall.

I could feel the worry radiating off of her and for once I was just as clueless as her.

"There was a letter addressed to you," Marco started with a hoarse voice.

"What's so bad about that?" she asked, her eyes filled with confusion as her eyebrows raised instantly.

"It wasn't just a letter," Marco began, rubbing his hand over his grey beard. "It was a threat."

Anger bubbled within as the words had registered in my mind.
Someone threatened my Alexia! They were as good as dead, for all I could care.

Questions filled my mind instantly. "What were there threats?" I asked, trying hard to keep myself calm when all I saw as red.

Instead, I chose to remain calm and so to do so, I wrapped an arm around Alexia and pulled her to my side.

She immediately reacted and shifted her gaze to me, her eyes filling with worry.

"The threat clearly states that if you don't call off your engagement to Damien...He'll take Alexia's life. He'll kill her."

The anger only built up more as I gripped Alexia tighter.

"Who?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Who is threatening her?" I growled, the noise sounding almost inhuman.

"Diego Acerbi." His name boiled my blood. By now, he was as good as dead, for the minute I got my hands on him, he'd be begging for me to end his pathetic life.

It was then that I realised that I was squeezing on Alexia's waist. She didn't protest, but by the painful look in her eyes, I released my grip on her slightly.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. She gave me a small smile and kept her gaze focused on me as I did the same to her.

"Papá. I understand that my life is in danger. But it's just a threat. I'm not scared of him," I raised my eyebrows at this. And then I smiled ever so slightly.

I knew why I was falling for her. She was strong, fearless. I admired that greatly.

"Alexia, hermana. We understand, but Diego Acerbi isn't just anyone. He too is very powerful and just as powerful as us. This is the first death threat you've ever received. This is word." Antonio voiced, stepping forwards as he stressed his point.

"We're not going to be doing anything else until we know that you are going to be safe," Her hermanos stated, all nodding their heads in agreement.

"Ok. But what happens now," She asked, peering round the fool for answers.

She sighed when she didn't receive any.

Everything was utterly silent, as everyone glanced at each other questionably.

And then a voice spoke up.
"Wed them this weekend."

At those words, my eyes widened in shock, as did Alexia's.

We met each others gazes at this point, nothing could tear my eyes away from her.

Soon, the silence was replaced with hushed whispers as one shook their heads and others nodded.

Standing up tall, Marco demanded silence in order for his to explain his rash statement.

"Are you insane! Damien and Alexia's engagement to each other is the sole purpose of the threat," Her hermanos began to shout, each one of them Sporting looks of bafflement and bewilderment.

"Silencio!" Marco roared. The room went silent.

"This wedding is going to happen this weekend. With or without you," he stated, pointing to them all.

"If we get them married in secret, he'll never know and besides I have a plan," Marco was an intelligent man. I trusted him. As did my Papá.

And by the looks of if, Alexia did too. He was her Papá after all.

"We get them married in 2 days. This Saturday. The wedding be small. It will include all of us and ages extra's. Strictly close family and friend. Then, once their married, we give it a couple of weeks and then we release the news of them about to be getting married and then it's all in place, from then and onwards, we wait for Diego to show up with the intent of killing Alexia, but of course, we will already be set up and then; we kill him," Marco finished explaining. Once he had, the silence remained, but the lols that spread across everyone's faces told Marco that his plan was an option that they'd all be willing to choose.

"But what happens if he finds out?" Alexia asked.

"We will still be ready. I'll have twice as many guards here by the morning and I'll appoint even more if he makes a move. Just know that we all will protect you with our lives." Alexia smiles at her Papá, stepping away from my touch as she walked towards Marco with the intent of kissing his cheek.

•••••••••

It seemed like Alexia and I layed side by side for hours. In reality, it hadn't been that long.

My arm was wrapped securely around her. I wasn't letting her go.

Her hand brushed up and down my chest in a soothing manner.

I was ready to marry this woman. I was ready to begin a new chapter of my life with a woman that I knew I could spend the rest of my life with.

"Alexia." I began, my heart pounding against my chest as I thought about my next words.

The movements of her hand stopped. Instead, her palm was now placed onto the side of my face and her fingers brushed my cheek gently.

Her eyes met with my own and I knew that I didn't need to think about what I had to say. So instead, I said it.

"I love you." She remained silent.

A moment passed and she moved, her lips were now hovering over my own as she leaned in and kissed me.

Alexia pulled away with a smile and with a warm look in her eyes, she spoke.

"I love you too."

And with that, my heart beat went off into a frenzy as I'd basked in the feeling of love.

•••••••••

Hope you enjoyed!