Chapter 1

Bill
" Son your about to be king and you haven't been going out of the palace ever since you were five, may I ask why?" my father asked. " Father I already told you I had a bad experience there and I refuse to go back out there!" I said. " That's no way you should talk to your father like that!! Now your going out there no matter what!!" my father yelled at me. I huffed and walked out of his study and walked past my younger brother Will. " Brother what's wrong?" he asked. I walked past him and said " Fathers being a pain in the arse." I walked to my room and slammed the door behind me. I walked to my bed and ran my fingers through my hair. Ever since mom died he's been like this. He always forces me into "king doings" that's what he calls it but really it's just him bossing me around to stuff that's not important. I sighed at picked up a small painting of me and my mom. She had long brown hair and big blue eyes. Will took after her, he had her eyes and her brown hair. I got my fathers blonde hair and his brown eyes. Mother died of a heart condition when I was twelve. That's also another reason why I decided not to go out. She always loved the town she would try to take me with her but I always said no because when I was five I was running around the small town and bumped into a man.
Flashback
I remember that he had brown hair and wore glasses. " Hello there young man I'm Stanford Pines." he said. He held out his hand and I noticed he had six fingers. I hesitantly shook his hand and he laughed. That's when a big black beast came running into the town. I screamed and ran looking for my mother. I couldn't find her anywhere. That's when the beast looked at me and started to charge. I screamed and I could feel my legs start to tense up. I couldn't move as the thing came closer and closer. That's when I felt someone grab me. I looked up and saw it was the man I met a few moments ago. I saw my mother with Will in the carriage. My mother saw me and screamed out my name and held her arms out for me. The man gave me to her and told the driver to leave. I watched as the mad disappeared into the smoke. I shuddered at the memory and got up and put the painting back on the dresser. I heard a small knock at my door and went to go open it. I opened it to see our butler Marcus at the door. " Yes Marcus." I said. " Your father told me to remind you that tomorrow your expected to go to town first thing in the morning." he said. I sighed and said " Thank you Marcus." He bowed and walked away leaving me with a scowl on my face. I can't believe he expects me to go!! I was pacing back and forth in the space I have in my room. There's nothing I can do now. I sighed and sat back down on my bed. Is that man still alive? I sat there deep in thought as time flew by. Soon enough it was time for dinner. I walked down the stairs and into the dining room. Will was already there along with Father. I sat down at the other end of the table and placed my elbows on the table. " Bill manners." my father said. I huffed and took my elbows off as the chef and some maids came in with our meals. We each had different meals. I had some fish and a salad, my brother had chicken and my father had some turkey. We all are in silence until my brother spoke. " So Bills going to visit the town!?" he asked. " Yes." my father replied. I have him a glare and turned my attention back on Will. " Can I come?!!" he asked. I was going to say yes but father interrupted with a no. " But father I'll be good!" Will begged. " No Will your brother has to go alone." father said. " Why can't he go? I would really like the company." I said placing a piece of lettuce in my mouth. " He can't come Bill, your going to be seen for the first time in sixteen years." father said. " So?" I asked. Father groaned and said " So it's better to be seen as an independent young man." " What so Will being there will prevent that!! I already am independent father!!!" I yelled standing up. " Bill!! What did I tell you about using that tone with me!" he yelled back. " You need to stop with this attitude young man or else you won't be a good king!!" he yelled. " A good king?! A good king!! I'm your son not some servant you can boss around!!!" I yelled. Father looked at me with pure rage and came over and slapped me. I rubbed my cheek and didn't look at him. " Go to your room!" he said pointing upstairs. I ran upstairs and slammed the door. I threw myself on my bed and started to cry. After a few minutes of feeling the hot tears slide down my face I finally wiped them away and closed my eyes, falling into a dreamless slumber.