Chapter 9

Dipper
When I was done using the restroom, I opened the door and found Bill leaning against the wall and playing with his fingers. " You could've just went back to the party you know?" I said. He quickly turned around and smirked. " Well that means I have to leave my lady...and who knows you could've gotten hurt." he said. " In the bathroom?" I asked. " Its a dangerous world out there." he said. That's when we both started to laugh. " Let's get back to the ballroom." Bill said. I nodded and grabbed onto Bills arm when he put it out. As soon as we walked in a slow song came on and Bill turned towards me and asked " May I have this dance?" I giggled and nodded. I put my hands on his shoulders as he put his hands on my hips and we started to dance. " Your a good dancer Pinetree." Bill complimented. " Thanks my sister taught me." I said embarrassed. " Well she taught you good." he said. As we were dancing I saw Mabel and she was smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I felt Bills hand on my chin as he made me face him. " Pay attention to me Dipper...only me...forget about the world around you." he said. I gave him a confused looked but went along with it. I stared into his golden eyes and got lost in them. I then laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. The swaying of our bodies making me get tired. As the song was ending I felt Bill lightly push me off of him to look at me. I saw him close his eyes and lean in. I leaned in and was about to close my eyes when I saw that purple suite guy Tad Strange. I saw him wave his hand for me to follow so I turned to Bill who was giving me a sad look. " I'm sorry I have to do something real quick." I said. He nodded and I kissed his cheek and I ran out to the balcony where I saw him leaning against the wall waiting for me.
Bill
I watched Dipper leave and frowned. Why is he in a hurry? I was still in the middle of the dance floor and some person nudged me. I glared at the man who didn't even apologised. I walked off and went towards the food table. I was about to grab a cup of juice when I got pulled under the table. " What the hel- Will!!! And Mabel!!!" I yelled. " Shhhh where's my brother?" Mabel asked. " He ran off somewhere." I said. " Oh do you know where?" she asked. " I just said somewhere...do you think I know?!" I asked. " Ok geez!! Calm down steamy pants!" she said. " Steamy pants?" I questioned. She shrugged and asked " So what happened?" " What?" I asked. " With Dipper!!" she said. I looked over at Will before I answered and saw him stuffing his face with sweets. " Will spit that out!!" I hissed. He shook his head and I was about to tackle him and take that stuff out but I felt Mabel's arm on my forearm. " Tell me!!" she whined. I scoffed and said " All we did was dance and I was about to kiss him but he saw something or had to do something that is obviously more important to me!" I said. " Bill... My brother does stuff for a reason....but he does it for his family...and your part of our family now Bill." she said. " Really? Just like that." I asked. " Yeah...I would love to see my brother settle down...and I'll be related to royalty!!" she said. I laughed and then felt her arms around me. " Just promise me you'll make him happy." she said. I hugged back and said " I promise."
Dipper
" Hi Kid." he said. "My name's Dipper." I said. " I know." he said. He then walked over to the balcony and leaned over the edge. " What do you want? And what are you? I never known a man that could just disappear." I asked. " Wow kid so many questions." he said. " Well there will be more of you don't answer them." I said. " Fine you win...I'm a demon!" he yelled facing me his eyes glowing purple. " Wait....that mustache man had the same eye color." I said. " Oh sorry I had to make sure you get here so you get this message." he said. " What message?" I asked. "It's about your Uncle Stanford." he said. " He's in trouble, I told him not to do it but of course he's stubborn and went for it anyways." he explained. " Went for what?" I asked. " There's this legend..it's about in 29 years there's going to be a dragon egg that will hatch and whoever is there when it hatches will become its master." he explained. " And what's this got to do with my uncle?" I asked. " He's going after it...like I just said....it's about to hatch...in just about...hmmmmmm...5 days." he said. "Ok so what do you want me to do?" I asked. " You see...that egg is protected....by another dragon...who goes by the name Storan.....he's a dangerous dragon...and he will kill your Uncle...so I want you to go after him." he explained. " So why would a demon care for my uncle dying?" I asked. " Because I need something from him... Anyway you go on the journey....alone....tomorrow." he said. " Tomorrow!!? If my uncle's in trouble I will want to go now!!" I yelled. " Calm down kid! Go have fun tonight! Dance with Prince Charming!!" he said mocking they way we were dancing. " I'll see you tomorrow." he said. " Wait!!" I yelled but I was to late he disappeared. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck and went back inside to find Bill.