Chapter 1

This is one of my first story and I just wanted to let you guys know that I will try my best to update as much as I can if you would want to continue reading my story. Hope you all like it!!!

The picture above is how Veronica looks like.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"WAKE UP Bitch!" I heard Carlie, my sister, say through the door. I sighed and got up from my bed and headed towards my closet. I got my undergarments and my clothes and then proceeded to go take a shower. I turned on the knobs and felt the water. As usual, the water was cold. Since I am the pack slave, they don't think I deserve to have anything they have for the incident that happened 6 years ago.

But then again, I am a werewolf, so we are warm-blooded, meaning we don't feel cold, unlike normal humans. I step in and hurry up to finish before they punish me for making them wait.

That reminds me, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Veronica Sky Smith and I am 16 years old, turning 17 tomorrow. I am in the Silvermmon Pack, which is located in North Carloina. I have butterscotch blonde hair going down to my lower back and gray eyes. I am 5 feet and 5 inches which is a normal height for a 16-year-old like me, but I get it from my biological parents. I look nothing alike to my supposed "siblings", but they know nothing about me and the situation between my parents and their parents.

I sing in the shower as it is my thinking place and singing is my passion including dancing, but no one else knows that. Anything that involves water soothes me because of how relaxing it is.

Once I finish, I get out and dry myself off. I start putting on my lacy panties followed by my matching bra. I put on my outfit consisting of skinny jeans, a fitted t-shirt, a hoodie, and converse. I try not to cause any attention towards me because of all the abuse and bullying I suffer almost every day. I brush my teeth and comb through my hair. I apply makeup consisting of mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.

Once I am certain that everything is done, I grab my backpack and head towards the kitchen. I can start hearing everyone getting ready to leave. I go to the kitchen, heading towards the refrigerator to get water and an apple. When I was almost out the door, I heard someone call me.

"What took you so long? You know we hate waiting, especially for you." Said Jared, my older brother, who also is the beta. Both he and my sister have jet black hair with brown eyes, while I have the opposite. He is 18 years old and so is my sister, meaning that they were born the same year, but different months since werewolf births only last 5 months, 4 months if it has alpha or beta blood.

"Why won't you answer?" he says while grabbing my hair and pushing me down to the ground. I hiss in pain as I land on the side they beaten just a few days ago.

"Now you know what happens when you don't answer me. I am the Beta in this pack, so you will do as I say. You are nothing but a low life. I am above you and so is everyone else here." He yells out. I look around and find everyone from school and the pack crowding the kitchen to see what's going on. I hear laughing and giggling from the girls and smirks from the boys, especially the Alpha from the pack, Jason Black. He has brown hair with blue eyes which you can get lost in, but knowing what he does to me, I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

I get up and try to pass the crowd struggling since they are stronger than from the lack of food and nutrients. Throughout the way, I hear things being said to me.

"Oh my god, she is so ugly"

"Why don't we get rid of her now? She doesn't even have a purpose here."

"I can't believe she is even related to you guys. I feel awful for you guys." That one was being said to Jared and Carlie.

"I know right. I just can't wait till she leaves or rouges take her, so we don't have to deal with her anymore." That stung for me since they were supposed to protect me, yet they are the ones who are hurting me the worst.

"Oh hey Veronica...." I stop and look back, seeing Jason there with a smirk. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." I turn around and run towards the door. I head towards the tree line and shift into my white wolf which is extremely rare and is the most powerful wolf out there. I grab my clothes and backpack in my mouth and sprint towards my spot where I hang out when I am hurt. I can see it from ahead and I lean on a big boulder and shift back.

I put on my clothes and sit on the edge of the cliff. While looking at my dangling legs, I notice how peaceful the river is. It is very unlikely for me to see it so calm since most of the time it is crashing against the cliff and the jagged rocks. I stare ahead and imagine why I am still here and if my life could have been different.

I mind my own business when I hear a branch snap. I get up and turn around to find Emily, my best friend and cousin. Our relationship has been a secret because I don't want her to get hurt. She has medium brown hair with blue eyes and is a few inches taller than me.

"How did you find me?" I ask while sitting back down. She moves forward to come and sit beside me and spoke, "This is the place you come to everyday, plus I know where you are all the time." She points to her head insinuating about the mind link and how my parents sent her here. I really miss them and I hope I can meet them someday. She knows who they are and where they are, but she can't tell me anything until it's time for me to know which I think will be soon.

"Why are you not in school", she asks.

"I don't feel like going anymore, plus I just want to be in peace for once and just have at least a calm and quiet day." I say while lay down on my back looking at the blue sky. This puts a smile on my face reminding me of my middle name. Veronica Sky Smith.

"Well you will have many of those soon." Emily responds all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" I ask while getting up and looking towards her.

She sighs. "It's time Veronica. It's time for you to know everything." She then looks at me and stands up waiting for me to follow. We walk back to the forest line and keep walking for a few minutes before we reach a small meadow with green grass and a lake.

She sits in the middle of the meadow, crisscrossed and pats the spot in front of her. I come over to her and sit where she placed her hand and just waited for what's to come.

"As you know, your parents sent me here to watch over you. You parents aren't normal werewolves Veronica." She stops all of a sudden.

"What do you mean? Why don't you just tell me? I need to know everything." I say distressed. I have been waiting for so long to know this and now she won't tell me. I am becoming restless.

"Emily! Why aren't you telling me anything?" I ask. I break her out of a stance. I stare at her and try to find anything that can help me to find out anything about my parents and where I came from.

"Veronica, it's a very complicated situation. It doesn't consist of just your parents, but of your future. This will change your life around.", she says, staring at me. I think about what she said. So if it does change my life, what could actually happen? It can't be something very complicated.

"Just tell me. I need to know. I don't care about what you are going to tell me, but at least you are going to be there with me all the way.", I say, looking at her.

"Fine, but you have to let me tell you everything first, then ask questions later. Understood?" she says back to me. I nod my head and get ready for what's to come.

I mean it can't be that bad, can it?

And I know I will regret that decision later.