Chapter 3 - "Giving You Your Happily Ever After."

Anders Larzelere's PoV:

Chapter 3 - "Giving You, Your Happily Ever After."

What. The. Hell. Is. Wrong. With. Me.

It's been two hours since I started reading, 'The Bone Labyrinth'.

And I've read only 10 pages.

Ten!

My mind is all over the place.

Reeeeally? My conscious mocks me.

Okay, Maybe I said a small lie.

My mind is occupied by 'The Angel'.

There, I admitted the truth.

I sigh and let the book slip from my fingers and fall to my bed with a bounce.

What is wrong with me? Why am I not able to think of anything except her?!

Maybe it's because you're just so smitten, My conscience teases, and I groan in frustration.

Another time with another girl?!

Just shut the heck up, I snap back.

Great, now I'm talking to myself.

Vrrm. My pocket vibrates.

I fall back on the bed, and reach for my Blackberry Priv. The screen flashes with the name, 'Ethan Kingsley'.

I smile as I think of his laughing face and ever-present happy mood, picking up on the third ring.

"Hey, Ethan."

"How did you know it was me?! Oh! Caller ID, duh. Anyway, how was the year—" He continues shooting me with question after question, not giving me even a minute to breathe.

"Ethan, Ethan, Ethan! I can tell that you're nervous about something. So cut to the chase and tell me about it," I cut him off hurriedly, and he falls silent after that.

He sighs.

"I've got a date."

"So?"

"With Quinn Tyrell."

"Oh!" I say, as realization dawns on me.

To describe Ethan in one word, he's a player. Oh, not the kind that plays soccer like me, but the kind that uses girls like kleenex. But, the last time I visited him, I noticed a subtle change in his behavior around a certain, green-eyed, smart and sarcastic brunette. They were 'kind-of' acquaintances at that time. That is to say, the two of them couldn't hate each other more. But, any person who is within 20 feet of them could see the chemistry between the two.

Or as Ethan would put it, their 'Biology' works as well.

Only, the two of them had been too proud to see it.

I'm surprised that it had taken them 10 months to realize it.

Well, I guess you could say it is better late than never.

"Yeah..." He trials off, but the 'yeah' holds a note of inexplicable something, which makes it obvious that he wants something from me.

"So what do you want from me?" I ask bluntly, making him chuckle a 'you caught me' chuckle.

"It's a double date." He states after a moment.

"Uh huh." I reply, already having a bad feeling of how this is going to end.