Chapter 17 - "He Can Manhandle Me Anytime."

Please click that orange star and make me a happy person?

*puppy eyes*

Happy reading!

+ + +

Chapter 17 - "He Can Manhandle Me Anytime."

Alarice DeVega's PoV:

"Goddess! I fucking hate this shit!" I curse, kicking the huge three-seater couch in my office so hard, it skids across the dark wood floors and comes to a stop a few feet away.

That would've earned me a few broken toes, if I were human.

The football match/ backyard party had just gotten over, and I'd fled the moment the last guest had left.

I just couldn't stand there any longer and pretend that every moment wasn't killing me more and more.

"Calm the fuck down," Kade snaps, walking in like I'd known the jackass would, slamming the door shut behind him, "You're being so loud. Your Mate, Anders would definitely suspect something is going on."

"Just get the hell away from me right now, Kade. I don't wanna hear your 'I told you so'." I snap, turning around, giving him my back as I struggle to put a leash on my raging emotions.

"Woah, woah, woah," He comes around me, raising his hands in defense. His eyes shine with anger and . . . hurt — damn, I deserve the worst friend of the year award — as he crosses his arms, glaring me down, "I'm so glad to know that you think so high of me, Alpha."

The "Alpha" is an insult, the attack clearly hitting its mark like a blow to my heart.

I let my head hang, ashamed, "I'm sorry." I sigh, knowing that I crossed the line.

And the fact that he's still standing right in front of me, still ready to take further blows if I'm ready to dish them out, without actually leaving the room and letting me deal with my own issues just makes me feel even more worse.

Yep, I'm defiantly gonna get the worst best friend in time immemorial award.

I let out a defeated breath, clearing my throat, "I'm so sorry, I know I shouldn't have done that."

"You better."

I smile, knowing that I'm forgiven, but it'll take a while for him to forget.

"So what pissed you off so much? I noticed both of you getting along well after the match. Oh, by the way, we owe them all big time. They were complaining about how running slow enough to pass as human was, and I quote, 'so boring'."

"The food was to compensate that." I roll my eyes, because it'll be an ice cold day in hell before any of those guys accept that it was. "And yeah, we were getting along, but then he questioned about why this place seemed different. Like why we are all so united and stuff."

"Uh oh,"

"Yeah." I nod, the shake of my head, grave. "With me lying about so many things already, I wanted to stick to the truth as much as possible. So I told him it was kind of monarchic, and that father is our current leader."

"You could've just told him that you were."

"Sure. He looked like he wanted to roll his eyes when I said it was father, so I can imagine what he would think if I tell him a girl around his age is ruling over a Pack."