Eight: The Reason

Alfred was standing on the door step.
"Here you are, miss." He greeted. I slammed the door closed but he pushed it and i fell to the floor.
He stepped towards me, handing me his hand. "I'm sorry miss. I didn't mean to make you fall."
"How did you find me?" I asked, crawling with my back still on the floor.
"We received a phone call from a woman saying that you're in her house." He answered. I can't believe such a nice woman would do such a thing. I shouldn't have told her anything. I should've just lied.
"i'm sorry my dear." Helen suddenly appeared on the edge of the stairways. "I don't want to go against the Grant. They also promised me a huge amount of money and i really need them now."
Then alfred grab my arms and literally dragging me to the car. I don't know what i should do. I'm totally dead now! But dying might be a better option now than going back to Greyson's.

I'm sitting on the back seat, being squish by another 2 body guards. I'm scared, irritated, and upset at the same time.

Alfred stopped the car and my heart started pounding really hard. i got out out of the car with those two body guards still guarding me.
"Alfred, can you please tell them not to follow me anymore?" I asked with a weak voice.
Alfred give them the "go away" signal and they left me only with Alfred. But i do realize that i dont have any chance to run away from this highly guarded building. I follow right behind Alfred. My hands are shaking. I know im in a huge trouble.
Alfred pressed "58" and the elevator closed.
"From a scale 1 to 10, how mad is he?" I queitly asked.
"Uhm, 8.5." He answered still with his serious face.
"So, am i in trouble?"
The elevator door opened and i gulped. "That's for you to find out, miss." Alfred answered. I can hear a melody being played on the piano. I inhaled before stepping put the elevator. Then the door closed, leaving me with a really mad Greyson Grant. Thats only my speculation, but im 99% sure that my specilation is right. I stand frozen where im standing, the piano melody is low and somehow sounds scary in my ear. Sounds like a really upset bear to me.
I started to walk further into the cold 58th floor and saw Greyson playing the piano. His back is facing me. He suddenly stopped in the middle of the song. I suppose he knows that im here. I started to breath heavily.
He turns towards me and sees me right to my eyes. I feel like being stabbed by thousand of knives at the same time. He stood up and walked closer to me. I take a step back and look down.
He is just an inch away from me. He looks down on me with a his blue eyes. My breathing is still heavy and i can also feel his breathing.
"Are you okay?" He whispered. He was about to reach for my arms but i dodged immidietly. I was a bit shocked that "are you okay" was the first thing he asked me. I took another step back and he doesnt stop. He looks hurt knowing that i really dont want to be close to him.
He suddenly grab my waist and pulled me close to him. "Do you really want to test my limits?" He asked frowning. "Why are you running away?" I shrug and tried to let myself go from his grip. But his pulled me harder now, closing the gap between us. "Answer me!" He sounds calm but he really looks scary right now.
"Isnt it obvious? Because i dont want to stay here. i dont want to be with you. I dont want to be close to you. I dont want you to touch me anymore. I'd rather die than be your slave! You.fucking.killed.my.mom!" I hit his chest between every word that i said started crying.
He suddenly pulled my head to his chest and hug me. "No!" I tried to pull away but again, failed. "Let me go you fucking murderer!"
"It's true. Yes, my family runs that kind of bussiness." He ran his hand over my hair. "My father owned that kind of business and im not going to deny that i was raised by a very bad person. But i never ever, not even once, interfere in his bussiness."
I stayed quiet for awhile. His hugs started to get softer by each words he said. I pulled away my head from his chest but his hand still holding my waist tightly. "But... that doesnt change the fact that your father's people killed my mother."
He sighs. "My mom was also murdered." He said. He looks down at me. Ive never seen him so broken before. "She was only 30 at that time and i was 12. My dad was a really loving husband and father. She went to Tonko every week to help the people there as much as she could. I came along a few times. I remember that day, my mom didnt return home from Tonko. My dad received a news that my mom had been kidnapped by a group of man in Tonko. My dad was in love with my mom and love drives people crazy. He did everything to find my mom. 2 weeks past and my dad finally received a letter from those people, asking for ransom. My dad gave them what they asked right away. Then the next night, we received the exact location of my mom. And...it turned out that she had died a week before we found her. And she was pregnant with a girl, my little sister. They tortured my mother and let her rot! She tried to help them and they tortured her." His tone raised. I cant even believe what i just heard. How could anyone ever do that. I never thought someone like him hides this story on the back of his head. Tears started to stream down my face. Im sad for him and upset with this world.
"Thats when it all started." He continues, calmimg down. "My dad didnt even kill the people who tortured my mom to death. Instead, he took revenge to their family. He took their wives and daughters, and sold them to random people. Then hatred took over his life. That keeps going until now. I always knew that my dad is not a good person. But he is my father. And i hate myself for not even trying to stop him."
He stepped forward, closing the gap between us. Im now crying uncontrolly. Im covering my face with both of my hands.
"I'm sorry of what happened to your mother and im sorry for what i said yesterday. I swear i didnt mean it. I was mad and i turned stupid. Im-"
I pulled him into a hug before he can even finish what he was about to say. I put my arms around his neck and after a while, he finally place his arm around my waist, hugging me back tightly. He deeps his face in my shoulder.
We stay like that for awhile until i calmed myself and stopped crying.
"Are you mad at me?" I asked while pulling away from him. He still has both of his hands around my waist.
"You ran away. What do you really expect?" He asked. Theres a long pause. "Dont ever try to get away from me again. Do you understand?"
I stay quiet. I cant promise anything. If im being completely honest, i still want to get away from him. I dont want to be close to the people whos related to this slavery bussiness in any sort of way.
But i nodded. I know that he is still mad just by looking into his eyes. They are dark and scary. I quickly look down.
He suddenly pulled me towards the dining table and told me to sit in one of the chair. He ordered a mushroom soup through the phone and someone came less than 5 minutes later. But its not Karen.
"Uhm, wheres Karen?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"She's fired." He calmly said. "Now eat."
"What? Why?"
"Because she let you run away."
"No... you can't fire her. It was not her fault. I'm the one who is running away when she was not paying attention."
"She should have payed more attention then." He added.
"Please don't do this to her!" I raised my voice.
He sighs. "I'm not gonna change my mind. Now eat or i'll feed you myself."
I gulped and started eating. I really feel bad for Karen. My action caused her losing her job.

I finished the whole bowl and suddenly Greyson raised for his seat.
"Take a shower and warm clothes." He said before walking towards the elevator.
"W-where are we going?" I asked quickly.
"Out of town.." he answered just before the elevator closed.