Chapter 2

{Edited}

Goals for chapter: 10 views & two comments.
----------------------------------------------

My friend Nolla and I stand in front of the mirror, her mother actually let her pick her own dress it's short but, not near as revealing as mine. I sigh.

"Rosa cheer up, we might find our soulmates tonight. Maybe they'll be from the same pack then we can be together forever!" Nolla exclaims brushing my hair.

"You know they could reject us right?" I ask. It's true I'm very fearful of this, my wolf is more worried than I am.

"But they won't" she replies confidently.

A knock at the door interrupts our conversation I recognize the scent of my brother immediately.

-come in- I say in my mind.

"Hello ladies you look...beautiful" Raff looks angry when he sees my dress I am see his eyes darken.

"What is it Raff?" Nolla asks saving me embarrassment.

"Right. The guest have arrived, come with me" He says clearing his throat.

Nolla takes my hand as we walk into the hallway where the other umated wolves stand. They all look just as nervous as I am. My friend Braxton comes to stand next to me.

-Don't you look naughty- he says smirking.

-slow your roll Brax- I laugh.

My brother doesn't seem pleased he probably was hearing our thoughts. He's never liked Braxton I really don't know why. We make it downstairs and since I'm the Alpha Hosts daughter I have to be presented first.

I take shaky steps to my dad trying not to fall. I smell all new different scents they all seem okay, but nothing special does that mean he isn't here?

"Welcome all. My name is Spyro Conner Alpha of the Cresent Moon Pack. This is my daughter Rosa Conner she will be the first I present" My dad says.

They all bow their heads in respect. I go to stand next to my twin sisters, but closer to Odetté she's always soothed me she also has a calming scent of jasmine. I decide to mind link her.

-Odetté, I don't smell him- I say worried.

-that's because you haven't faced him, all these scents at once are masking his- she assures me.

I nod and keep quiet as the presenting is finished. Some nice music starts to play I usually would dance, but I'm too nervous I never thought I cared about having a mate, looks like I do.

-Of course you do! Let's go!" my wolf Silvia scolds. She is really bossy but mostly bold.

"So Odetté-" I start.

"No! Go find him!" Mom scolds pushing me forward where everyone is talking and practically letting their wolf take control.

I take a deep breath and and start to walk through the crowds. This is so crazy I'm usually so outgoing, but now I'm like a lost kitten shy, and wanting to hide. Just as I get to the food table I was going to grab a cupcake but, my moms intense stare stops me. I huff and watch as Nolla's eyes go wide at a young man she smells him and smiles happily that must be her mate.

I keep pushing through people over to the couch. I should have found him by now..maybe my mate has already died or maybe I just don't have one? Tears brim my eyes. What happened to me? Just the other day I didn't care to have a mate now I'm crying?! As I wipe my tears away and try to make myself look some what presentable.

-Don't cry Rosa we'll find him!- Silvia assures me.

I stand up, and straighten out my wrinkled dress. I won't get anywhere just sitting on the couch. I continue to follow my senses not sure exactly what to do or when I'll find him or even if I find him. What if he rejects me?

-Shut up, and find him already!- Silvia yells.

I raise my nose up to smell the most intoxicating smell of chocolate and peppermint. It smells so good. Silvia starts to whimper as the smell starts to disappear. I follow the scent all the way back to the room where the Elders are watching some of us find our mates. I keep going till it's really strong. It calms me and it's all I want to smell.

I open my eyes to see a grey eyed guy standing in front of me. His scent is really strong I can tell he is of some authority..maybe Beta? As I look into his eyes I feel a spark, like no other all I want to do is kiss him he looks at me like he's bored? Is he my mate? He has to be I'm so attracted to him..to his scent..

"I'm..Rosa.." I mumble looking into his eyes closer.

"MINE!" He yells and stomps forward I thought he was going to kill me but he was strangling the guy behind me.

"Stop! Stop!" I hear my dad yell and pull them away from each other. "Alpha Kyser I demand an explanation!" Dad yells.

He's an Alpha?! And he was...Alpha Links son...

"He was coming for my Rosa" Kyser growls keeping his eyes on my dad. Everyone gasps and looks at me.

"You're my daughters...mate?" Dad asks surprised.

"Yes Alpha Spyro, I will be taking her...tonight" Kyser answers respectfully.

My eyes widen my world has changed all in just one night. I could reject him...

-don't even think about it- Silvia growls.

This is going to be a emotional night..