Chapter 3

-Kyser's POV-

I look into the eyes of one of the most respected Alphas in the world. I can't believe his daughter just had to be my mate. She's beautiful with long black hair and big green eyes that sparkle. But she will always be second. I need to keep my mind focused on the pack and the pack only. The only reason I am taking her with me is, its traditional and my wolf won't shut up till she's mine.

"I hope you will protect my daughter" Alpha Spyro commands.

"Of course. She is very important to me" I reply bowing my head slightly.

"I heard The Spirit Pack is one of the strongest" Luna Saphire speaks up.

"Yes mam. Train them myself, your daughter will be completely safe" I assure her.

We sit at the table alongside the other mated waiting patiently for our mates to come with their bags. My beta Casper sits next to me anxiously waiting for his mate who he already adores.

"Her names Nolla" he says dreamily making me roll my eyes. "Big blue eyes sexy lips" he adds.

"I'm happy for you" I pat his back.

"Me? You got the Alphas daughter" he exclaims.

"Just friends" I shrug making my wolf whimper at the thought.

"We'll see about that.." Casper mumbles.

I hear the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs and we all stand. Rosa has now changed into a casual dark blue shirt with some jean shorts. Her legs look so smooth maybe I can touch them just once...no! I will not!

"I'll miss you dad" Rosa cries to her father hugging him tightly.

I notice a girl staring at me she looks a lot like Rosa, but not as beautiful in my eyes. She motions for me to follow her outside I follow as Rosa is busy crying to her parents and her baby sister Marobel. I reach the girl who smells like jasmine completely different to Rosa's strawberry and citrus smell that makes my wolf crazy.

"I am Rosa's older sister Odetté, I want you to vow to protect her" She insist taking a dagger from her sleeve.

Is this chick crazy?

"This tradition was used in the old days when our Pack was just beginning, yes the mate bond is strong, but let's say you don't want to make it stronger? You know by holding her, kissing her or marking her. I will cut a part of your arm in a certain way so until you feel comfortable you can feel her pain, but only physical. But I know you won't be able to keep your mind off my sister, she's a gift" she explains twirling the dagger in her hands.

"I will only protect her, and take her to shut my wolf up. There will be no romance involved" I answer bravely.

"You see my sister doesn't have to try she's easy to love. Adored by many, hell I even remember a couple of years ago where every male in our pack wanted to meet her to see if she was their mate even though she wasn't of age" Odetté continues.

"I have to keep all my focus on my pack..my mother is.." I choke I can't even speak of my mother.

"She's ill. Ever since your father died. Yes that's how the mate bond works" She nods pacing in front of me.

"Well...I need to get back to her..now" I demand forcefully.

"Right after I do this" Odetté speaks.

She mumbles some words about 'protection' and I think I hear her say 'Rosa' every now and again. She seems in a trance then stabs just above my wrist and carves a small weird symbol, I think in Latin.

"Kyser. I'm ready" I hear her musical voice behind me.

I turn to see her with Casper and her friend Nolla. Atleast she'll have a friend that is if Casper will let his mate out of his sight.

"Okay. I'll get your bags, you head to the car" I instruct she nods and walks with my beta and his mate.

I turn my attention back to Odetté who seems saddened by her sisters departure. I clear my throat to get her attention.

"When you fall in love. You best invite me to the wedding" she smiles and walks away.

I roll my eyes. I'm pretty sure I can control my feelings for a girl I don't even know. I can't even take the time to get to know her I have to focus on the growing rogue attacks they seem to have an vengeance against my pack.

I walk to the black SUV we arrived in. Casper and Nolla sit in the back while Rosa is sat in the passenger seat with her head against the window. While Casper and Nolla are practically eating each other's faces off I try to ignore the sad look on my mates face maybe I should say something?

"Where do you live?" Rosa asks looking at me.

"We live about four hours away in Seattle" I answer not meeting her eyes.

"That's a long way from my home" she sniffs.

"Get over it. My home is your home now!" I snap at her.

She jumps and doesn't say another word. Casper has stopped kissing Nolla and is glaring at me through the rear view mirror. I know I shouldn't have snapped I just don't like emotions. She needs to be strong anyways.

-Authors Note-
Kyser is a cutie huh?

10 views & 2 comments till next update 😊🙂