twenty two

Twenty minutes later, as promised, the bedroom door opened and in popped Christian. He seemed anxious, and as he closed the door, he sighed heavily. Christian pushed himself off the door and fell onto the bed. His head landed in my lap.

"Who was that?" I asked, messing with his hair gently. I felt the strong chest inflate slowly.

"My uncle."

I stared at him. "He's your uncle and I haven't met him yet!" Christian chuckled.

"You feel any better?" I nodded. In truth I do feel a little stronger. My body seemed less shaky and tired, and I didn't feel frail. "That's good," he muttered, shutting his eyes for a second. I looked down and stared. The bags under his eyes were prominent, and Christian himself just seemed so overwhelmed and threatened. It made him look vulnerable, something that's definitely not a good look for an alpha. Especially one so strong and fierce.

"What's going on with the rogues?" I asked, he sighed yet again.

"They just seem to be multiplying. I don't know how, or where they're coming from either. It's just...its confusing."

I thought for a second. It's seems impossible for so many rogues to just know to come here, especially when this pack has a reputation for punishing rogues severely. Why would they risk their own lives just for this one rogue? And what does he even want?

"What's the leaders motives?" I asked. I wanted to know why he's coming after me. What did I do to make him want me dead?

Christian sighed. I could tell from all that, he was feeling threatened and spiteful towards the rogue leader. He wanted to figure out what was going on, why it's happening just as much as I did, and if this pack doesn't find out the rogues' motive soon, we could be in deep trouble.

"We're working on that. Mario caught one of the rogues today while patrolling. He was roaming the east side of our territory. He was found weak and scared, but I know for certain he'll give in. I'm going to question him tomorrow."

"Then I'll go," I said quickly. When Christian opened his mouth to object, I glared. There's no way in hell I'm not gonna go find out why some bastard wants me dead. How could anyone expect me to just sit back and let it all unfold disastrously. I am a luna after all now. I need to engage more for the people to respect me.

"Sure." He muttered, followed by some snotty words. Mmm, he wants to play that game, does he?

"Christian Bade I swear to the moon goddess you're going to want to take it back." Smirking, I watched him stare at me in shock. He regained composure however, and smirked back even wider. Christian sat up slowly, staring me right in the eyes.

"You know who you're talking to right?" He smirked, grabbing my chin gently. I raised an eyebrow.

"An arrogant asshole?"

In a flash Christian has me pinned against the bed. I lay there, startled by the sudden movements, and because of the fact that I'm not fully energized yet.

"You're talking to an Alpha, princess." He whispered, his face so close to mine. Warm minty breaths blew into my cheek softly.

"Yes, well, you're staring at a luna, dear alpha. Don't underestimate her."

I used all of my strength to flip us around entirely, Christian beneath me.

"Wouldn't dream of it!" He exclaimed. I smirked even wider than before and pressed my lips on his.

Chris seemed to welcome the kiss openly. He wrapped his large hands around my waist while mine lay on the bed. After a while he sat up, me on his lap. I smiled into the kiss and gave it all my effort, though my energy soon disappeared into nothing, and I gave up, laying back down.