thirty

The cold metal in my hand stung, both from the handle and from the reality. I'm finally going to kill this mutt, the rogue bastard who killed my parents and almost destroyed my pack and family. The same rogue who almost destroyed this pack.

And I couldn't wait to finally end his worthless life.

Cristian risked a glance above the thicket, before turning to Mario and I. The look in his eyes was sincere, showing his real emotion. He wanted to kill this mutt as much as I do, to rid not only his pack, but me, from his presence and monstrosity.

"Let's move." He whispered, crouching out of the bush, but not before tucking the gun in his belt, hiding it away. He's keeping it hidden so other wolves won't see it. They might sense it, but not if he's far away enough.

Following Christian, I tucked the gun behind me, pulling the fabric back out and over it. Thank the moon goddess I wore a black shirt today.

Silently, we crept out of from behind the bush, creeping thorough the forest and winding through the trees as silently as we could. I kept my guard up, waiting for some rogue watching to spot us and pounce-or worse, alert every other rogues on guard.

I kept on Christian's tail, Mario following silently behind. If we were human, you wouldn't be able to hear us at all. However every werewolf's got intensified hearing, so that really doesn't help for once.

We pulled up behind a group of trees, each of us finding our own. I pressed my back against the tough bark of a moderately sized evergreen, glancing over at Christian and Mario, who were both standing to my left.

One coming off the east side. Alena you stay here, Mario and I will take him out.

I rolled my eyes at his command.

You really think I'm not capable of fighting?

I asked, solely mind linking him. This is not something I want to discuss with Mario too.

I don't want you fighting.

He repeated, glancing back behind the tree and completely avoiding my gaze. Whatever, Bade.

Keeping the rogue's distance, I pressed myself harder against the tree, trying my hardest to mask my scent. Christian and Mario both crouched, ready to attack the moment the poor mutt comes within range.

Seconds passed, and I began to hear far off footsteps. Four paws, smacking the earthy ground and breaking dead leaves and sticks. Not very concealing, or slick.

I waited, watching my mate and my beta crouch forward, inch by inch. They were close to leaving the trees cover completely, and the rogue was close to what could be a mishap.

Suddenly the rogue was close enough, the men attacked, and loud shouts echoed across the empty forest. If he hadn't already mind linked, the rogues shouts did the job of alerting everyone on duty. If those men didn't hurry up, we'd be in deep trouble.

I peeked. The rogue, fighting in wolf form, was no match for the beta, let alone the alpha. Though both men were still in human form, they were winning. Mario had the wolf my the throat, while the rogue struggle and snapped. Christian approached, watching the rogue apprehensively. Oh stop the terrifying attitude and hurry up!

I turned my head as loud growls erupted. He'll kill the rogue, I know. And while I may not fully like it, I can't complain. He chose the wrong side, and was here at the wrong time. As of today, this rogue is only one small battle in the war.