twenty three

Christian's POV

I saw Alena hurry out of the old house. It killed me to show her who I was. I could care less if anyone else saw it. Hell, I couldn't care of my own mother saw me like that. But not her. Not Alena.

She look utterly terrified. I've only seen that look once before, and it was the night she had a nightmare. I don't want her to be scared of me like she was scared that night.

But at the same time, why should I care? I'm known everywhere for these traits. I'm positive she knew, even before I met her. So why should this bother me?

You fucked up. That's why. She's terrified of you now! I don't want our mate scared when we...

Tobias started fantasizing. It's not even remotely a good time to imagine stuff like that right now.

"Fuck." I hissed, wiping the blood off my hands and trudging outside. I saw her sitting in the car, staring out the window silently.

Slamming the door shut, I tried to compose myself for her. Sure, I'm the one who messed up, but at the same time it's not entirely my fault.

And I saved her life by doing this!

I climbed into the car, sitting really still. Alena's breaths were unsteady. She was unsure, I could feel it, maybe even scared.

Good going Romeo! Tobias snapped in my head. If only I could strangle him...

"I-"

"Let's just go back home please." She interrupted, buckling up.

"Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." She sighed, turning to the window once more. Regret washed through me.

My hands gripped the keys as I shoved them into the ignition. The car revved on, putting an end to the awkward silence.

I pulled out and headed back home. It's eight thirty now, so more people should be up. Training starts in half an hour anyways.

When I pulled into the driveway, Alena jumped out of the car and practically ran inside. Damn.

Why is she acting like a this? I saved her life! She should be thanking me right now, not avoiding me! What does she expect me to do? Ask them nicely to let go of the one person I care about? She's fucking mental if she expects that of me! I'm a feared alpha! Not some fairytale prince!

I punched the wheel, letting out a scream. This girl is too fucking complicated!

I heard a knock on the window, and I was about ready to snap until I saw Mario. His dark eyebrows were knit together in confusion. I opened the door and climbed out.

"You okay man?" He asked.

Mario is the only one I would allow myself to talk to. He's not only my beta, but I guess I would call him a best friend as well, and I don't allow myself very many friends. Not if I wanna keep my reputation up.

"Fucking Alena," I muttered, running my fingers through my hair.

"You're finally fucking her?" He smirked, and I knew it was an attempt to make me feel better.

Mario saw the look on my face. It was an appreciated attempt, but I'm still pissed.

"What happened?" He asked. I shut the door, locked it, and stuffed the jingling keys in my pocket. My body leaned against the sleek car, my arms crossed over my chest.

"We went to questioning. Except when we got there, I went downstairs and saw the rogue was missing. I heard her get attacked upstairs, so I went up to help and..." I closed my eyes. "She saw me kill all three of them."

Mario sucked in a breath, giving me a look. "How bad?"

"Pretty bad," I confirmed, pushing myself off the car and walking towards the front door. Mario followed suit.

"She'll get over it. In the meantime, don't let it bother you. I'll talk to her if you want,"

I shook my head. If anyone should talk to her, it should be me. Or mom. Alena trusts her too.

"No. I'll do it myself." Mario pat my shoulder.

"Alright man." And together, we walked in.