chapter thirteen.

{Harry}

"Harry, babe," Mel's soft voice cooed, "Wake up." She nuzzled closer to me and I wrapped my arm around her, groaning. I didn't want to leave the hotel room.

"Happy birthday, Harry." I smiled and remembered the whole reason we had taken up a trip to London. I wanted to take some time away from home before leaving for tour. My time with Melanie was running out, but I knew I'd be able to take her along on tour, if she was willing. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see Melanie looking up to me with her hazel eyes.

"I love you." I whispered.

"And I love you." She smiled and stretched her neck to kiss my dimple. Squeezing her tightly, Mel let out a giggle and screamed,

"We've got to get ready,"

"No, I'm tired. Let's stay here all day." We had a very long night. After arriving in London around 12, we got lunch and walked around for the remainder of the day. Even though Melanie had lived in England her whole life, excluding her time in the States, she never really explored London. Like most people who live in the UK, no one really goes sightseeing. It was a treat for her, just as it was for me. It meant more time with Melanie.

"I found a nice place to have dinner, if you'd like?" She spoke into my neck and I smiled.

"Of course, what is it called?" Melanie pushed the blanket off and began to leave the bed, the heat from her body dissipated.

"I'm not going to tell you, it's a surprise!" I chuckled and nodded my head. Mimicking her actions, I got out of the bed and pulled off my shirt.

"Uh, excuse me, Harry. What are you doing?" She said, her eyebrows furrowed. I looked down at my bare chest. What was the problem?

"I'm going to go take a shower," I explained, tossing my shirt aside.

"No you are not, Styles," she crossed her arms and I couldn't help but stare at her body. Her shirt curled up underneath her arms, and her flat stomach was left exposed. Her short, black pajama shorts rid up on her hips and her thighs --

"Harry, are you going to help me make the bed or not?" Mel's right eyebrow perked up and I suddenly realized that she was not fazed by my shirtlessness.

"Fine, fine. Only for you, Ms. Harte."

* * *

"Look, I was wondering if you were," I began, but the ringing of my phone interrupted me. I grunted and pulled it out.

"It's fine, take it." Melanie urged as I looked to her. I reluctantly took the call as we walked into a small cafe. Mel walked to the counter to look at the menu as I stayed by the door.

"Happy birthday, lad!" My friend, Nick Grimshaw, yelled into my ear. I winced and smiled at the same time.

"Hey, mate. How are you?" I asked, leaning against a tall table.

"Great. Have you got plans tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm --," I started.

"Cancel them. We're going out with Pixie and Miquita." He stated.

"Melanie and I are going out to dinner, I can't." I looked at Mel, who was standing in line. She was chatting with the woman in front of her.