chapter five.

Sorry for not updating, I FEEL SO BAD. I'll try to post more often!

There isn't a gif because I'm using a really crappy computer and everything is just messed up!

Thanks for all the support! ILYSM GUYS. <3 

* * * 

The warmth of the sun hit my exposed arm. Groaning, I tugged the blanket higher. Something heavy was lying on the opposite blanket, making it hard for me to pull. Sighing, I felt around, trying to identify what it was.

My hand felt around something round and I decided to poke it. A layer of fabric was covering the object, but I couldn't tell because my eyes were still closed. Thinking it was one of those round, plush balls, I pushed it, but it didn't move. I continued to apply pressure to it, but nothing happened.

Finally, I decided to open my eyes and deal with this problem.

I found Harry staring at me with wide eyes and a silly smile plastered on his face. He was lying on his stomach and this hair was flopped onto the pillow.

I realized I was feeling Harry’s butt.  I repeat, I was touching Harry's butt.

My eyes grew twice their size when I found my hand still on his ass. Jerking my hand back, I blushed and looked down. I was wearing an oversized t-shirt, that's all.

"You know if you want it, just ask." Harry chuckled.

Rolling my eyes, I giggled and punched his shoulder.

"Just shut up." I laughed again and then pushed the covers off. Swinging my feet to the other side of the bed, I got up and walked to the mirror.  Immediately, I saw the permanent marker lines. My stomach flipped and I grew pale. 

Memories of last night flooded my head and all I could do was stare at my reflection.

"Mel, are you okay?" I heard footsteps and Harry's body came into view. I said nothing.

"I don't think you'll be needing this anymore.” He grabbed the mirror of the wall and turned it around, so that only the white wooden part was showing.

I gulped and looked down at my feet. This past week has probably been the lowest point in my life.  I never thought I could go through such a thing, but love makes you do crazy things, right?

Harry stepped in front of me and used his hand to nudge my head up by pushing my chin. His green eyes were glistening as if he was about to cry. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

“Mel, remember what I said last night.” He smiled and pulled me into a tight hug after I nodded.

How could I ever forget?

“Don’t ever do this to yourself again. What if you died? I don’t know what I would have done with my life,” He let go and grabbed my shoulders.

“Mel, don’t ever, I mean, EVER, leave me.” He gave me another bone-crushing hug and I muttered,

“Never.”

* * *

Harry didn’t leave my side for the rest of the day. He made sure I had something to eat every hour and that I wasn’t doing anything to endanger my health. Don’t get me wrong; I actually loved him being around me.  I know we always hang out, but it’s different this time. He actually cares about me.

It’s around 4:00 now and we are walking to that café that I love. This time, I’m going to eat.

“So Harry…” I said, hesitantly, “uhm, how-how did you know I… you know?” I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my bottom lip.