chapter fourteen.

Ayy! Second to last chapter! I'm so excited for you read this one, I really like it! Ahh! Okay, anyways, there's a video on the side and enjoy! Please remember to vote and comment! Thank you. x.

* * * 

“Today is the day!” I nearly shouted as I tumbled into Harry’s room. I found him snoring on his bed with his curls splattered on the white pillow cover. Giggling, I sat at his feet and began to shout what he always used to say to wake me up,

“IT’S TIME TO GET UP, HARRY! IT’S TIME TO GET UP, YOU LAZY BUM!” I saw a glimpse of his green eyes before they cowered back behind his eyelids.

“Harry! I saw that!” I laid down to the left of his shoulder and pinched his cheeks. I could feel his dimples give in slightly. 

“Come on, you don’t want to look like rubbish on your audition day!” With that, he sprang up on his bed and exclaimed,

“It’s Saturday? Its April 11th already?!” I nodded my head and I sat up too. Harry grabbed his phone on the wooden, side table because it was buzzing nonstop. I’m sure he had received plenty of ‘good luck’ texts because he is one, popular boy.

“You should get ready soon, it takes about 45 minutes to get to Manchester.” I warned him. He nonchalantly nodded his head, but it was clear he wasn’t listening to me.

“Abigail sent me a text! She said: Good luck, Haz. Sorry I couldn’t be there, but I’ll know you’ll make it. Don’t forget about me when you win X Factor! X.” I rolled my eyes and thought, He’ll probably forget about me, though.

Standing up, I left the warm bed and told Harry I would meet him and his parents in front of his house. I just had to say bye to my dad and Cassidy.

* * *

“So Melanie, have you thought about what I told you?” Cassidy questioned me while she spread cream cheese onto a bagel. I zoned out and completely forgot to answer her question.

“Huh?” I said rather impolitely when she asked me again.

“Oh sorry, yeah! Yeah, I’ve been thinking about it.” I repeatedly nodded my head while staring at the small baby bump growing on her body.

“So what do you think?” She laughed a little and waved a hand in front of my face. Immediately, I shot my faded hazel eyes up,

“I think it’s a great idea! I hadn’t thought about studying abroad, but since you brought it up, I feel like it would be super fun. I’m just not sure.” I intertwined my fingers and fiddled with my thumbs.

“What did your dad say about it?”

“He said it was the perfect idea, I just think it’s a little expensive. I know for a fact that he is willing to let me fly and go to school there, but California? All the way to San Francisco, which is nearly half away across the world? I don’t know.” I brought the palm of my hand to my forehead and then slowly smoothed my hair back.

“It’s just so far away and I’m not sure if I’m ready to leave this place.” I bit my lip and thought about it for a while.

“It’s fine, Mel. I think your father and I are more than capable of raising this little guy.” She smiled and patted her stomach.

“I know, I know. But what about . . .” I trailed off and realized there wasn’t much to leave behind. Talia had applied to a university in London and Cameron was on mission to travel the world. Harry Styles is no doubt going to win X Factor and he’s going to become a world famous singer and where will I be? Will I be stuck in Holmes Chapel for the rest of my life? Maybe get Harry’s job at the café when he leaves? I shook my head and rethought my whole entire future,