Chapter 9

Before I knew it we were at Haruhi's apartment in front of her door. She quickly opens it.

"Dad I'm home. I brought a friend!" She yells out to her dad. A man with long hair and makeup on comes around the corner.

"Oh Haruhi!" He yells in a cheery voice. "Who's this?" He asks her a bit hesitant.

"Hello. My names Kiara and it's nice to meet you" I greet him with a smile and put out my hand for a hand shake.

He grips it hard and shakes my hand when he pulls away I slightly clutch my hand in pain.

"It's nice to meet you too! You can call me Ranka" He says happily.

"I'm going to go and put the groceries away. Make yourself comfortable Kiara" Haruhi says.

"Ah, my Haruhi's so independent..." I hear Ranka whisper before looking my way.

"What kind of intentions do you have towards my daughter?" He asks automatically going into 'daddy mode'.

"I swear it's solely a pure friendship that I have with Haruhi and that's all I want. I have no heinous intentions towards your daughter" I tell him truthfully. He's a good father... Being able to stay like that through the death of his partner would have been tough.

"Good..." Ranka mumbles too me "Sometimes Haruhi is too independent for her own good and I can do nothing but watch as she becomes a fine woman. It's hard to protect someone so independent. Someone who doesn't need protection"

"But you can't exactly blame her for growing independent" I tell him knowing full well that he knows that.

"I'm guessing she told you about her mother?" Ranka asked me.

"Yes. By what she's told me of her she was a lovely woman" I say calmly.

"She truly was" He says indicating me to come closer. When I do he picks up a photo of who I assume is Haruhi's mother.

I take the picture and stare at the beautiful woman in the picture.
"Haruhi looks just like her" I tell him.

"Yeah she does, doesn't she" He says fondly. He bows to me saying that he has to go out and get somethings.

"I think you and your club will do good for Haruhi." He says before walking out the door. How did he know about us?

Oh well.

"Haruhi! Do you need help putting the groceries away!?" I yell to her.

"No I just finished putting every thing away" She states walking into the room. "Where's my dad?"

"He just left to go and get something" I tell her.

"Okay, do you want me to make you some tea?" She asks me politely.

"No that's fine. Do you know why Tamaki was asking me weird questions before?" I ask her with the memories of the weird questions popping up in my brain.

"No.." Haruhi says some what nervously.

"Okay. Are you doing anything for the rest of the day" I ask her when I realise that it's only midday.

"No, I wasn't planning to do anything. I don't need to study or do any homework" She says after a moment of thinking.

"Do you want to go out for a walk or lunch? I'll pay" I ask her. I really didn't want to go home yet..... I know I was supposed to confront them but I can't bring myself to do so yet.