Chapter 6 : William, Bert and Tom

"He's been a long time," Bilbo says.

"Who?" Bofur asks.

"Gandalf," Bilbo says with worry in his voice.

"He's a wizard! He does as he chooses. Here, do us a favour, take this to the lads" Bofur asks cheerfully, handing Bilbo two bowls of whatever broth he's made for the company. Bilbo nods taking the two bowls and begins to walk into the trees where Fili and Kili watch over the ponies and my horse. I watch Bilbo disappear into the darkness, a little on edge not having him within my eye range just in case anything was to happen. One could say I feel an obligation to look after Bilbo, he's an old friend and he has no idea of the world. He's too innocent and that scares me.

Finishing off my bowl of soup, I stand, walking over to Bofur and handing him my bowl. He smiles kindly, taking the bowl "Are you sure you don't want more?" he asks.

"No Thank you, Bofur," I answer with a warm smile. I walk back over to my stuff and get out my book again, making myself comfortable on the ground as best I can, my eyes adjusting to what little light there is. As I finish the first page I begin to get a little uneasy about why Bilbo hasn't returned. I look around but none of the others seem uneasy. I take a breath, trying to relax from tension and go back to my book. Soon the tapping of my finger on the side of the book begins to get irritating which only puts me on edge more. Only moments later I put my book down and grab my sword, bow and arrows. I guess my nerves got the best of me.

I begin to walk into the trees. I stop walking, stop it, Ivy, don't be so paranoid. Bilbo is just probably having a chat with Kili and Fili. With that thought along I get alarmed and decide to go find them. After what happened last night I wouldn't be surprised if Fili and Kili are teasing Bilbo or playing around with him. Dwarves may be short, but hobbits are shorter giving Fili and Kili the upper hand. Especially those two, they just wouldn't be able to help themselves!

I burst through the trees and look around, startling some of the ponies. Fili, Kili and Bilbo are nowhere to be seen. I begin to walk through the ponies in search of the three but then something else catches my attention. I tilt my head and look at the ponies. Weren't there more? Out of confusion, I count the ponies in my head. There were definitely more. That's when I realise that my horse is gone! I look around in sudden confusion. My horse is defiantly not here! With all this coming to mind, I suddenly notice the few uprooted trees. Now that's an odd occurrence. I doubt two dwarves and a hobbit did that! With my instincts kicking in, I begin to follow the uprooted trees and try to stay as stealthy as I can.

I hear a few twigs snap, causing me to dive behind a tree. I withdraw my sword as slowly and quietly as I can. I crack my neck and take a breath, preparing to fight orcs. I jump out with my sword raised. I hear a gasp and a... squeal? I look down and see Fili and Kili with shocked faces. I lower my sword in amusement and ask, "Who just squealed?" Fili points at Kili. I let out a small giggle at Kili's face of embracement. I get more serious as I realise that Bilbo isn't with them "Where's Bilbo?" I ask.

Fili and Kili share a glance "Well..." Kili starts.

"We discovered that Trolls had been stealing our ponies and...well," Fili fades out.

"W-we...ah...sent Bilbo in to investigate" Kili explains, nerves showing through his voice. My first reaction is to roll my eyes as I realise what has happened. Then my second reaction is a nod. Fili and Kili didn't just send him in, they pushed him in. I smile as though I'm ok with it and the two dwarves begin to smile as well thinking we have come to an agreement. With that moment I smack them both across their heads "Ah! What was that for?" Kili asks rubbing his forehead.

"Bilbo didn't just go in there! You made him go in there!" I shout in a hushed voice as I see a light through the trees "I'm going to go get Bilbo, and you two are going to go get Thorin!" I finish.