Confidence-- Fujiwara Takeru

It's a sunny day. You walked up the stairs and to the rooftop.

Nobody. You gave a sigh of relieve, you're not good at socializing with people, and therefore you're always alone-- Even with no one to chat with you, you are not sad, but somehow you felt a bit lonely.
You've tried to join different clubs and school teams and try to make friends, but none of them accepted you: "You have no talent." As they all said the same thing at you.

Days gone by and until one day...

"Eh?"

You saw a black-haired boy sat at your usual spot, eating his lunch, alone.

"..........................."

"U-Um.... T-That's my seat..." You muttered.

"...Why are you standing?" He asked as his blue eyes sparkled behind the glasses. "So you stand while you eat?"

"Huh?! N-No...." You quickly sat beside him and started eating your lunch-- Some broccoli, mushroom and rice, as usual.

"That's your lunch?" The boy asked, staring at your lunch, "Here, you can have some of the meat..."

"Eh? T-Thank you.... U-Um, my name is (Y/N). And you are....?" You finally gathered up the courage to try and talk to him.

".......... Fujiwara Takeru," He answered, "Nice to meet you."

"Oh, nice to meet you too!" You smiled.

Both of you then chatted for a while, until the bell rings.

"Opps, I'd better get going," You stood up, "See you around, Fujiwara kun."

"Wait--"

You turned and looked down at him, and then felt a grasp on your legs--

"Wha?! F-Fujiwara kun?!" 

".....Hm, not bad, you want to join our club?" Fujiwara asked, looking up at you. You thought that you just saw a flash of excitement across his eyes.

"Your club...? Oh, the Stride Club? But... I'm not sure if I posses the quality to become one of the member. After all, I'm just---" You paused as the rude words and bad memories flashed across your mind.

"I'm sure you can be one of us," said the boy with confidence.

"Huh?"

".............Well, I felt your leg and I'm sure that you have the talent that is required."

".....................So, you feel people's leg to determine one's talent....?" 

"Mmm. You have the talent required, but what you lack is confidence," said Fujiwara, with his lips curled up a bit in a beautiful manner.

Is that a smile....?

".......I-Is that so..... O-Of course I would love to join your club, thanks for inviting me~" You smiled and ran off for your lessons.

".........Hm, no problem..."

****

You heart beat faster and faster as you thought of Fujiwara, while his words rang beside your ears once again: What you lack is confidence. 

You stopped at the middle of the hallway, and you actually feel kind of excited about all the things that happened.

A feeling of joy and happiness swirled upon you.

"Feeling confident," You repeated it to yourself and stride towards the classroom, with a confident and beautiful smile on your face. But you didn't notice, that life would be very different from now on because of that cool and stoic boy you met...

 ****

I hope I got Fujiwara's character correct... 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll understand his personality better as the anime continues.

Vote and comment~ >v<

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, bye~ :)

---xNicolex