Winner--Kuga Kyosuke

Rquested by Sakura_Yachio_Izumi

Thanks for requesting and hope you'll enjoy it!

*************

It was a beautiful day, as a new member of the Honan Stride Club, you understood that there are still a lot to learn and in order to keep up with the standard of the team, you decided to plan a practice timetable for yourself. 

"Hmm, Sunday.... I guess I'll have to give up my free time for shopping to practice...." You sighed.

"What's up, (Y/N) san? You seemed really troubled... Are there anything I can help you with?" Yagami's cheerful voice rang beside your ears. "You can always depend on me---"

"Yagami, stop bothering (Y/N). I'm sure she has her own plans," interrupted Kyosuke, he then smiled at you.

"It's alright! I'll figured it out already, thank you, Yagami kun, Kyosuke kun," You returned a smiled too. Somehow, this only put more pressure on you and the anxiety is growing inside you.

"So, are you ready for the first competition coming up?" Kyosuke asked and sat down beside you.

"I'm planning a timetable for practice, here, please have look!" 

"Hm...." Kyosuke stayed silent and only stared at your timetable, "(Y/N), are you sure you want to run for 4 hours without rest?" Kyosuke chuckled, "I don't think this is a good planning, how about you join me for practice? I think two is better than one."

"I-I can?! I would love to!" You exclaimed, who would thought you could actually practice with the fastest runner in the club, and the person you admired the most. You knew that this would be a great experience for you.

******

During Practice

"Ha.. Ha....."

"Here, have some water."

"Thank you...." 

"That's not bad, you've improved, 0.3 seconds quicker," Kyosuke checked the stopwatch recorded by Sakurai.

"I'm sure you can do it, (Y/N)," Kyosuke encouraged you with a pat on your head, "Just do your best."

"............Hai!" You clung on your white team jacket and replied Kyosuke, suddenly, you felt that your heart was beating faster than usual. You try to forget about the feeling, and told yourself to focus on the competition which is scheduled tomorrow.

*****

On the day of competition

 "(Y/N), we're 2 seconds behind our opponent-- Ready!" 

"Hai!" You knelt down and posed, ready to start off any moment, as the last runner, you knew that they depended on you and you had to win.

"(Y/N), ready--- 3, 2, 1, go!"

You ran as fast as you could, trees and buildings became a blur image. You heard wind howling beside your ear, which reminded you of Kyosuke, you knew that you had to win, for your team, and for him. However, things don't go as you planned....

*****

"Why? I could have won......." You sobbed and sat the floor.

"(Y/N)---"

"I've trained so hard and practiced nearly everyday and I gave up my free time, just to prepare for this race. Yet..........."

"(Y/N)," said Fujiwara, "I know you've practiced hard, everyone knows that. What matters is that you've done your best, it's alright..." 

"............."

"(Y/N)... Even though you lost the race, you're still our winner," said Kyosuke.

You smiled, the encouraging words had warmed your heart, "All right I understand~ So, as the winner, anyone for ice cream?"

"Count me in.."

"Yay, let's go~"

*****

Meanwhile

Yagami: "I thought (Y/N) was the one who's paying.... TAT" 

Fujiwara: "......... I shouldn't have ordered so much at the beginning then..... Now I'm broke."

Kohinata: "(Y/N) is such a meanie....."

Fujiwara: "No, she has a crush on Kyosuke."

Yagami: "Huh?! Why?" 

Kohinata, pouts: "Well, you see, she only pays for Kyosuke senpai."

Yagami: "...........Well, yeah, I guess so."

*****