One

And just like that I flip the switch.

It's been a year. Twelve months without Alex. Twelve months of not caring about anything. I found therapy in soccer. I met a few people that played for the U-23 team. They thought I was good, took me to their coach. I played one season with them.

"Tobin, Tobin wake up." I groan

"What?"

"It's ten in the morning you need to get up."

"Why? I don't have a purpose anymore so why would it matter if I laid in bed all day?" I ask as I roll over facing Kelley.

"Tobin, come on. We can go play with the puppies down at the pet store if you want." She smiles at me.

I sigh "Fine I'm getting up, give me about thirty minutes."

I sit up in bed.

"Okay, I'll be raiding your pantry." She giggles and walks out.

I get up and drag myself into the bathroom. I put my hands on each side of the sink as I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes are cold and empty with bags beneath them. I'm pale, well as pale as I can get. My cheeks are hollow. I look like shit, about how I feel too.

I sigh as I turn the shower on before stripping off my clothes.

After I shower, I pull on soccer pants and a Nike hoodie.

I walk out into the kitchen as I pull a grey beanie down on my head.

"You ready?" Kelley asks me and I nod.

She hands me a piece of toast.

"Here, you should eat something." She smiles at me and I sigh.

"I'm not hungry." I mutter.

"Tobin. Eat." She gives me the "Don't argue with me" look and I nod taking the piece of toast from her hand and nibble at it.

We walk out to her car and I get in the passenger seat, not bothering to do my seat belt. If I die oh well.

Once we make it to the pet store she leads me inside and soon I'm sitting in the back room playing with puppies.

I smile slightly.

Lex loved puppies.

My smile quickly fades as I feel the familiar pain and emptiness in my chest.

I attempt to distract myself with another puppy but this one has bright blue eyes. Just like Alex.

I feel tears well up in my eyes as the fact that she's really gone hits me for about the thousandth time and I start hyperventilating.

I need her.

What am I going to do without her?

She's my anchor.

She's my mate, fuck I need her.

"Tobin. Tobin look at me." I'm snapped out of it by Caroline's voice.

My eyes snap to hers as she wipes my tears away with her thumbs.

"Kells called and said she had to meet up with Hope so I came down to spend some time with you." She smiles slightly.

"I don't need a fucking babysitter." I growl.

"I'm not a babysitter. I'm a friend." I notice her cringe as she says friend.

I roll my eyes "Whatever. Can we go back to my apartment?"

Soon enough we are walking through the door way of my small apartment.

I open my fridge and grab a beer only for Caroline to grab it back from me.

"Hey that's mine." I complain.

"No, I will not let you have alcohol while you are upset that leads to addiction" She states.

I roll my eyes "Whatever."

I walk in my living room and flop on the couch with Caroline following.

I turn Netflix on and search through the options eventually ending on Bob's Burgers.

I half smile at some parts but mostly have the same blank expression throughout the few episodes I watch.

*Alex POV*

I feel almost a burning sensation flow through my veins as my eyes shoot open.

I'm greeted by bright sunlight filtering through the trees.

The events of the fight hit me in flashbacks and I get sick.

How could I do that to Tobin?

I soon become aware that my senses are a lot more heightened. I can hear the deer in the meadow a mile away. I can see the individual dew droplets rolling down the blades of grass. I can smell the blood of a cut open hand from a hiker about a half mile away.

Blood.

It hits me like a freight train. I'm so thirsty.

Wait. That's not possible I'm human.

Tobin was bleeding. You had an open wound, her blood got into your bloodstream.

I'm a hybrid now.

I hear the hiker humming to his music while the smell smell of his blood fills my nostrils.

I feel things in my body begin to change and I start backing up almost like I'm backing away from myself.

"Fuck." I growl as claws grow from the tips of my fingers and my teeth elongate into fangs.

I get on my hands and knees as my muscles shift and get bigger.

The more blood I smell the more aggressive I feel myself get.

A low growl vibrates my chest as I look towards where he is and I take of sprinting as fast as I can.

I reach him a lot faster than I thought I would and before I know it I have him pinned to the ground.

I grip his throat and slam his head against the ground as I growl lowly and sink my teeth into his neck, piercing his jugular.

I lick my teeth after I finish and wipe my mouth with my shirt as I return to normal human form.

I have to find Tobin.

When I find my way to Hope's house no one is home and Tobin's scent is faint.

I will find her. No matter what.

A/N:Bam fam. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions or questions drop them in the comments. Be nice to yourselves and others and keep it positive. (: -Kaycee