Nine

*Christen POV*

I never told them why Julie really left. Apparently our kind can have two mates. Well she found her second one and followed him to Europe, leaving me here in Brazil.

Of course I was hurt but I quickly got over it when I got the call telling me Tobin was coming. I have this attraction to Tobin, almost as strong as the one I had for Julie.

Of course I like Alex and wish I could respect her and Tobin's relationship but I need Tobin.

The hazel eyed beauty I'm speaking of is in the shower while I'm on the couch watching Netflix.

Hope and Kelley fell asleep after Alex,Oakley, and Ashlyn left.

I hear footsteps coming towards me and turn my head towards them.

Tobin walks in with basketball shorts and a sports bra, flaunting her perfectly sculpted body as she brushes through the tangles in her long hair.

I'm broken from my train of thought by my favorite tomboy-ish voice.

"What're you watching?" She asks as she flops down next to me on the couch.

"Big Daddy with Adam Sandler." I answer as her eyes move to the screen and mine trace over her jawline.

"So when will Julie be back?" She asks looking back at me.

I cringe at the mention of her as I shake my head.

"She's not. She found a second mate that apparently was more important than me." I say.

"I'm so sorry Christen." She moves to pull me into a hug.

I smile slightly as I take in her scent.

"Thanks Tobin." I say as we pull apart.

She stands up and stretches her arms up showing the bottom of her abs.

"You said you had a pool right?" She asks.

I nod "Yeah, you going swimming?" I ask back.

"Yeah, wanna join?" She asks and I smirk slightly to myself.

"Yeah sure." I say as I get up to change.

I meet her out by my pool, she's in black board shorts and a black sports bra.

I bite the inside of my cheek as my eyes take in the beautiful goddess in front of me.

Before I know it I feel two hands against my skin and I'm soaked.

I swim to the surface to see Tobin practically on the ground from laughing so hard.

"You are such an ass." I groan before laughing along with her.

God she's so cute.

After we swam for a while Alex, Oakley, and Ashlyn got home so we got out to go visit with them.

It pains me to see Tobin and Alex interact. She should be mine. I should be the one holding her hand, kissing her, hugging her. It should be me, not Alex.

We are all sitting around the table eating dinner. Even though I'm not super close with all of them it feels like we are a family of some sort. Dysfunctional as hell, yes, but we are a family.

*Ashlyn POV*

I swear I saw her today. We were out exploring the city and she was across the street talking to a Brazilian woman.

I only saw her profile but it was her. I know it, I would know her anywhere. Alexandra Krieger, aka my mate. I know it was her because I felt the electricity in the air, the connection I have to her.

That's all I've thought about since we got home. She's in the same city as I am. I have to find her.

I tell everyone I need to get some air and have some time alone before making my way outside and I quickly begin walking.

After I've been walking around the city for a when I see her juggling a soccer ball where I saw some kids playing earlier.

My breath catches in my throat as I watch the perfect creature in front of me. My inner wolf stirs as all my senses are consumed by her.

I can hear her slightly heavy breathing, smell the mix of sweat, shampoo, and the body wash that is still lingering on her perfectly tan skin.

My wolf caused a low growl to rumble in my chest. Fuck I need her and I need her bad.

I have been deprived of my mate for much too long and all my hormones are racing.

I take a step forward before two guys run up and one clamps his hand over her mouth while the other grabs her legs.

I run over quickly kneeing the guy with her feet in the ribs feeling the bones crack under force.

He falls to the ground whimpering in pain as his friend swings at me and I catch his fist, twisting his arm behind his back and eventually feeling it snap in my hands.

The two quickly get away from me as my chest heaves and I watch them.

"Ashlyn?" I hear her voice. The voice belonging to the person I fell in love with.

Despite my wolf practically attempting to tear it's way out I play it cool.

"Hi Ali." I answer back as our eyes connect.

A/N:Bam fam. Let me know what's on your minds, I love you guys and thank you for being so patient with my shitty updating system. I've had a lot of medical shit going on but I'm trying to update as much as I can. Thanks again guys. Keep it positive -Kaycee