Eighteen

*Oakley POV*

Ashley and I were the first ones back to the apartment. Well at least that is what we thought.

She went into the kitchen to heat up left overs while I went to set my stuff down in our shared room. As I passed by Christen's room I saw her and Tobin cuddled up together fast asleep.

Where's Alex?

I shrug it off before setting my things in mine and Ashley's room before going to join her in eating Chinese left overs.

Soon after, Christen walks out and gets a glass of water.

"Hey Chris, where's Alex?" I ask and she visibly tenses.

"You okay?" I question.

She then informs me of my mothers actions and I am furious.

I stand abruptly and walk out with Ashley attempting to follow me before I tell her to stay there and help Christen keep Tobin occupied.

It doesn't take long for me to track my mother because her scent is so prominent to me.

I walk into the bar to see her and some guy talking and they are a little too close for my liking.

I know, she's my mom and I shouldn't do what I'm about to do but Tobin is my family too and she doesn't deserve what Alex did.

I stride over to them quickly and politely ask Alex to have a word outside with me, as to not cause a scene.

Once we are outside I lead her around the building so we are in a type of alley.

That's when the first swing lands.

My fist connects with her jaw. Hard.

I watch as she catches herself on all fours on the ground.

"What the fuck Oakley?" She growls.

"You need to pull your head out of your fucking ass, Alex. I know what you said to Tobin and you know damn well that she is your mate. You don't fucking deserve her if that is how you are planning on treating her for the rest of your lives. Tobin has done nothing but love and cherish you and here you are treating her like shit. You've been so fucking distant lately, not only to Tobin but to everyone and trust me, everyone is fucking noticing. You need to fucking check yourself, Alex Morgan, before you ruin not only yourself, but Tobin as well." I rant, my voice fluctuating volumes throughout.

With that I leave the alley and make my way back to the apartment.

*Tobin POV*

It's been three days. Alex hasn't came home. Not once. I'm slowly starting to lose hope. She was my humanity, she kept me sane. So without her, what's the use of humanity anyway? I'm tired of people always stepping all over me.

It's decided. I'm going to leave, I will leave until boot camp, then I'll focus solely on soccer. I don't need Alex and she obviously doesn't need me.

I explain what I'm doing to Hope before I pack my bags and set off to who knows where.

A/N: hella short update I'm sorry guys I'll try to get back to writing I'm just so busy lately with school and sports. I love you all and thank you for reading. Stay safe. -Kaycee