Four

I smell bacon the next morning and immediately jump awake. Yesterday's events play back through my mind and I smile softly to myself as I pull on a pair of basketball shorts Hope let me borrow leaving my shirt off, shamelessly showing my abs as I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning! How did you sleep sweetheart?" Kelley asks while putting food on plates.

"C'mon Kells, the girl is in her twenties. She's not a child." I hear Hope behind me as she walks in and pours herself coffee.

"Coffee?" She offers me and I gladly except it.

"I know she isn't a child Hope I'm just excited she's back." Kelley smiles as she sets the table and we all sit down.

"Did you sleep well?" Hope asks.

I think back to the nightmare I had.

"Yeah I did." I lie with a smile.

I get nightmares often, so it's nothing new.

After we eat I help Kelley clean up and wash the dishes.

As I go to walk to the guest room I'm in Mom and Tobin walk through the front door.

"Get dressed, we are going to breakfast then shopping." Tobin says.

I smile slightly "I just ate breakfast, sorry guys."

"Well then you can get coffee while we eat." Mom smiles and I nod before walking into the guest room and searching through the closet of Tobin's old clothes.

I settle on khaki skinny jeans with combat boots, a blue short sleeve button down shirt with surfboards and sharks all over it. To top it off I put on a vans snap back I find in the top of the closet.

I smirk as I look at myself in the mirror. This is the first time I've worn normal clothes since Ashley and I snuck out to a party two months ago.

I walk out to the living room. "Alright I'm ready."

•••••

While sitting at breakfast Alex leaves the table to use the restroom.

"Hey uhm Tobin?" I start.

"What's up?" She asks bringing her gaze from where my mom just turned the corner to me.

"I uh I'm not good with the whole emotions thing but I've been told by more than one person that you loved me a lot when I was a baby and I uh just wanted to tell you I consider you as my mom. Even though I don't technically have your DNA Kelley and Hope said I remind them of you in the way I act about things. I'm sorry if you don't see me as a daughter, that would be really awkward actually. Oh my go-" I'm cut off by Tobin laughing.

"Oakley breathe. I'm honored you view me that way. Ever since you were born, which is hard to believe was only months ago, I considered you as my child." She smiles.

"Okay. Good." I smile, "So you, mom and I are pretty much bad asses aren't we? I mean we are all hybrids with kick ass skills." I chuckle.

Tobin laughs as Alex takes her seat back next to Tobin.

"What are you girls talking about?" She smiles.

"How bad ass we are." I smirk making them both laugh.

•••••

After shopping we started looking for jobs that I can apply for so I can rent my own apartment.

I eventually get back to Hope's.

"Hey kid, do you know how to drive a motorcycle?" She asks me as I walk through the door.

"Uh yeah why?" I question.

"Because Tobin's old one is just sitting in my garage and she told me to sell it but I figured if you could ride if then you could have it." She explains.

I smile "Awesome, thank you."

•••••

Later that day I drive my motorcycle to the grocery store to get some food for the apartment Tobin got for me.

She's very persuasive so I get to move in today.

I lean my forearms against the cart as I walk down the aisles.

God I hate grocery stores. They are filled with screaming children, pushy customers, and bitchy parents.

I sigh as I get some Gatorade then walk over to the fruit section.

I hear footsteps growing rapidly closer, when I turn I feel a body collide with mine and arms wrap around me.

"Who the- oh my God." I state as I look down and see Ashley.

Her hair is no longer blonde but blue.

I hug her back tightly before we let go.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Where are the others? Ashley you know what they'll do if they find out you are even near me." I say concern etching into my features.

"Scott sent me to get some groceries for our group because we are staking out in the city in an apartment for a bit." She gives me her lopsided smile.

"So you are the only one here?" I ask.

She nods.

"Holy shit. I know it hasn't been long but I missed you so much." I wrap her in my arms.

We stand holding each other for a while before a mom that quiet frankly looks like Donald Trump's wife clears her throat.

"Can you two do that somewhere else? There are young eyes around." She says sternly.

"Excuse me?" I narrow my eyes as I turn to face her.

"Easy there tiger." I feel Ashley grab my arm.

"Don't waste your breath on her." She whispers in my ear and I nod.

Her and I spend the rest of our time messing around and getting what we need.

When the time comes to part ways I wrap her in another bone crushing hug as I kiss the top of her head.

"I'll see you around Oaktree." She smiles slightly at me before unlocking her car.

"See you around." I wave slightly to her before getting in my car and driving to the apartment building and going to my apartment.

I put away the groceries I got as I look around at all the furniture.

Thank God it came furnished or I'd be screwed.

I grab an apple and take my laptop out and get on Netflix. Before I know it, it's 10 o'clock.

I shut my laptop and go in my room, changing into pajamas.

I crawl in bed and curl up with my blankets. As I close my eyes and reflect on my day. My thoughts soon drift to Ashley.

There's just something about her that I can't describe. She makes me buzz with excitement and feel like I'm unstoppable. I'm just a friend to her though, I except that.

I eventually drift to sleep and for once, I look forward to tomorrow.

A/N: Bam fam. Thinking about switching pov soon so stay tuned I love you all and thank you for reading. Drop your thoughts in the comments. Be nice to yourselves and the world around you. (: -Kaycee