Chapter 2

The October weather as unpredictable as it showed no remorse on us. The winds and the rain hit our ship The Marauder harder than expected, and sleep was the last of our concern when running from the main land and into the blue land. Our ship was old and used; it was one of the rarest left as now all ships were made of steel or other such metals. It was convenient, it made us invisible to some, unimportant really and that gave the four of us an advantage when it came to Cole. He wouldn't expect me to run away in this old ship. The design was part English part French, the previous owner had the opportunity to buy it from a retired merchant who no longer needed it and he had used it as a trophy more than for its actual purpose. He gladly accepted the money given to him, he got more than he paid for it, not that it mattered as I had to have this ship no matter the cost.

                            The weather changed when we reached the Norwegian Sea, it was calmer and smooth like the calm before the storm and I knew well enough that a thunderstorm was on its way, more reason for us to reach the shore faster. And we did just as the first thunder broke on the night sky and the lightning illuminated our way to a safe spot between the rocks, were we stopped.

                           'Take everything you can from the ship and go into the cave over there by the cliff.' I said jumping off onto dry land.

                            'Aren't you going to help?' Matt said, as I was about to leave.

                            'I am I will be checking to see if there is someone around.'

                           The place was deserted; no human or supernatural had been there in a long time. There was no sent, then again with all the rain and winds she could be mistaken. After a while I went back, no point in staying here. As I reached the shelter I saw my three companions one near the other eating. They did listen and took all the things from the ship, which were not much and brought them in there.

                           'I see you are eating without me.'

                           'Why wouldn't we?'

                           'The only reason we are here with you is because we want to survive, nothing more.' Joshua said. And he was right, the only reason they were with me was to survive. I could see in their eyes the hatred and resentment they had. And I knew the reason too well, I've seen it countless of times in the past, and I hope never to see it again. The only one who had a somewhat warmth in their eyes was Lucy.

                            We went through the night with no incident and the morning, which we would have missed if we did not check the time, it was cold and windy. I was ignored all morning, none looked my way and it was starting to annoy me more than I thought it will. The landscape took my mind of off them for a time. There was not too much light but what could be seen was wonderful. The cliffs were high and from where we were. At some point we had to stop because of the rain. We took shelter under an abandoned hut, it was not much but at last we were no longer into the cold rain. I took out the books from by backpack and choose the one about werewolf history.

                          'Why are you reading about werewolves?'

                          'Aren't you a hunter? Shouldn't you know about us already?' The siblings asked. I looked at them and saw they were only curious as to why I did such an unusual thing.

                           'Well, I do know about them, at last what I was thought, that you are ruthless, killers with no control, beasts, those were Cole's words, not mine.' I said as their growled upon hearing my words.