{ a.m. } { the infernal devices }

Listen to One Direction's song A.M.

'...all my favorite conversations always made in the a.m....'

{ The Infernal Devices }

~Will Herondale~

You toss and turn, unable to sleep. You finally get up and quietly make your way to Will's room, careful not to wake anyone. Will's door was barely cracked open but you could see candle light flickering. You smile. He must be reading. You slip into the room and set down your candle. "Will?" You whisper. He looks up, startled. "Y/n?" You nod and sit on the edge of his bed. "I cannot zeem to fall azleep." You look down at your hands. He nods and sits up beside you. "Do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?" You shake your head. "I do not vant to bother you." He smiles at you, black hair falling in front of his eyes. "You will not be bothering me y/n." You shake your head. "Then sleep in here tonight y/n." A faint blush creeps onto your cheeks. "Are you zure?" He nods and crawls under the covers, motioning you to do the same. You giggle at his childish manner before doing as he did. He wraps his arm around you and laces your fingers together. "And why, if I may ask my lady, were you unable to sleep?" You smile and lay your head on his shoulder. "I guezz it iz that I juzt cannot zhut my brain off mon amour." He smiles and kisses you head. "Is that so?" You nod and he pulls you closer. "I am tired though. So you just stay right there and fall asleep so I do not feel horrible for falling asleep before you." You laugh, playing with his fingers. "Yez zir." You mumble, burying your head in his chest. "Je vous aime." You murmur, already half asleep. Will smiles and runs a hands through your hair. "Je t'aime aussi."

~Jem Carstairs~

You laugh and close your eyes as Jem finishes his song. "That was beautiful!" You softly clap, careful not to wake Will who is in the other room. He smiles and blushes. "Thank you y/n." You smile and collapse in his bed. "How come your bed is comfier the mine?" You pout, opening one eye to look up at your chuckling Jem. "I do not know wǒ de ài." You close your eyes again and scoot over, patting the bed beside you. That side sinks as Jem lays down beside you. You turn on your side and rest your head on his chest, tracing shapes on his chest. His heart races and you smile, happy you had that effect on him. "Wǒ ài nǐ nàme duō de y/n." You open your eyes and shift, looking up at him. "Wǒ yě ài nǐ jié mǔ." You say loosely, frowning as you try to pronounce your words correctly. He laughs and sits up, kissing the crease of your forehead. You stick your tongue out at him and he rolls his eyes. "You have been around Will for too long." You shake your head. "No." He laughs and the door creaks open. You both freeze. A tired and irritated Will stands there. "Other people are trying to sleep. It is three o'clock in THE BLOODY MORNING!" You bite your lip to keep from laughing and nod. "Yes William." He mumbles something about love being stupid and for idiots before stumbling back to his room. You look over at Jem before the two of you start laughing. "Wait. Did he say it is three in the morning?" Your eyes widen. Jem nods. "I need to get home!" You get off the bed and begin to put your stuff back in your bag. Jem wraps his arms around your waist. "Stay the night." He whispers in your ear, nibbling on it slightly. You shiver. "Really?" He buries his head in your neck and mumbles a yes. You sigh and gently drop your bag. "Fine." You whisper. Jem smiles and drags you to his bed, pulling you down with him. You smile and rest you head on his chest. He kisses your forehead. "Wǎn'ān àiqíng." He whispers, smiling when he notices you're already asleep.

~Gideon Lightwood~

"Please. That is not true." He raises a brow and you laugh. "You know I love you right?" He looks into your eyes, suddenly serious. "Yes. Why?" He smiles and kisses your forehead. "Nothing. I am just lucky to have you." You blush and press your lips to his. He wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you on top of him. You smile and pull back. A faint knock is heard from the door and you both jerk your head in that direction, hearts hammering. You roll off of Gideon and he wraps his arms around you, pulling you as close to him as possible. You hear the door open and close your eyes, trying to seem asleep. "Gideon?" It's was Gabriel. Gideon stays quiet. You fight back a laugh and snuggle closer to Gideon. His arms tighten around you. The door closes and you shift to look. "He is gone." You whisper, returning to your previous position. "I know." Gideon whispers in your ear. "Now go to sleep. I do not need you killing me in the morning." You laugh and nod, closing your eyes and letting yourself fall asleep.

~Gabriel Lightwood~

You scale the wall and crawl through the open window. "Hello." You whisper. Gabriel smiles. "Hello." You drop your bag on the floor and fall into his bed, hair falling from your bun. "I am going to kill my father." You shake your head, staring at the ceiling. He laughs and sits down next to you. You turn on your side and smile up at him. "How was your day?" He nods. "It was fine. You?" You shrug. "Sometimes I want to kill those blasted automatons." He nods and lays down. "I think the others would find that quite agreeable." You roll your eyes and sit up, looking at the small fire place. "I hate him so much." Gabriel starts massaging your back. "I know y/n." He kisses your neck and pulls the pins out of your hair, letting it fall to your shoulders. "How very in gentlemanly of you Gabriel." You smile. He rolls his eyes and kisses your neck again, but this time moves his lips to your jaw. "Gabriel." He stops and looks at you. "What if someone walks in?" He shakes his head. "It is too late for that-" The door swings open and there stands Gideon. "Oh- uh-" he closes the door and you give Gabriel a pointed look that says I told you so. He makes a face and wraps his arm around you, pulling you down with him, back pressed to his chest. "I have to leave soon." He shakes his head. "Stay? Please." You bite your lip. "Fine." He buries his head in the crook of your neck and smiles. "I love you."

~Magnus Bane~

It had been several years since the London Institute incident. You were actually at the Institute, visiting the shadowhunter families. "Magnus?" You walk into his room. He smiles at you. "Yes dear?" You smile at him. ""Dance with me." His brow furrows. "There's no music." You roll your eyes. "We don't need music ." He nods and you wrap your arms around his neck, his arms around your waist. Magnus starts humming. You lay your head on his chest. "Why did you want to dance?" He whispers. "I do not know honestly." He chuckles and you let go of him, falling onto his bed. "I am so tired." You close your eyes and snuggle into the pillows. He lays down next to you and starts tickling your sides. "No! Stop!" You laugh, squirming. He continues. You manage to get out of his grasp and try to regain your breath. "I hate you sometimes." He smirks. "I love you too." You fall back on the bed. He wraps his arm around your stomach and you bury your face in a pillow. He kisses your cheek and lays down, eyes closed. "Night y/n." "Night Magnus."