{ you are my sunshine } {song preference}

{ The Infernal Devices }

'...i'll always love you...'

~Will Herondale~

Will smirked and kissed you neck. "Promize you won't leave me?" You whisper as he lays down beside you. "I promise. I love you." You smile, closing your eyes. "I'll always love you." Will didn't move for a long time. "Promise?" He finally whispered back. You smiled. "Always."

~Jem Carstairs~

Jem coughed into the rag. You bite your lip. Blood stained the cloth. "I'm sorry." He whispers, taking in your sad face. "Don't be." You whisper, brushing hair from his forehead. "This was not your doing." You hold his hand, lacing your fingers together. "I'll always love you you know." Jem smiles. "I'll always love you." You kiss his knuckles. "Promise you won't leave me just yet?" He smiles. "Promise."

~Gideon Lightwood~

You rest your head on Gideon's shoulder. "I thought I was going to lose you." You whisper. He smiles softly. "You wouldn't be able to get rid of me that easily." You smile and kiss his cheek. He wraps his arms around your waist and you lean into him. Gideon kisses your head and you smile, content. "I'll always love you." He whispers. 

~Gabriel Lightwood~

"Ugh. I hate him." You fall onto his bed and turn onto your side, staring at him. "I mean come on. Shadowhunters aren't that bad." Gabriel smiles. "What? I can't help it." He stares at your lips. "Are you just going to stare or are you going to kiss me?" He blushes but smirks anyway. "I'll always love you you know." He press his lips against yours and you smirk. "I'll always love you."

~Magnus Bane~

You smile at Magnus, glancing at the drawings of his past lovers. "She was beautiful. And he had the best cheekbones I've seen in ages." You stick your bottom lip out, pouting. He laughs and kisses your forehead. "I love you." He sits down next to you. "And I'll always love you." You grin, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Yeah?" He grins. "Yeah."

{ The Mortal Instruments }

'...i dreamt i held you in my arms...'

~Jace Herondale~

He was dying.
Blood coated your arms and legs as you held him in your lap. "I love you." You cry, pressing your forehead against his. He smiles at you, one hand coming to rest on your cheek. "I love you too." A fresh wave of tears flow and you squeeze your eyes shut.

You wake up with a gasp and before you know it you're crying into your hands. "Y/n?" Jace's tired voice sounds from beside you. You hiccup and lay back down, wrapping your arms around him. "Hey. What happened?" He wraps his arms around you and kisses your head. "I don't want to talk about it." He nods and you eventually fall asleep again.

~Alec Lightwood~

You smile and press your lips against his. "I love you." You whisper. He smiles. "I love you too."

You wake up, your hand reaching towards the other side of the bed. It had been a year since Alec's death, but you still had the dreams. You lay down, tears sliding down your face. "I'm sorry." You whisper, clutching his pillow. "I could have saved you."

~Raphael~

Raphael's arms tightened around you. You laughed and pressed your lips against his. "You're insane." He rolls his eyes. You smile. "I know."

Raphael's eyes open and he closes his eyes.
You were gone.
He repeated that sentence in his head like a chant, hoping that the pain he was feeling would disappear, go away so that he could go back to living his life like he did before he met you. But he couldn't. You were dead and his heart-metaphorically, since his heart was technically no longer functioning-died with you.

~Sebastian Morgenstern~

You twirl, the dress you were wearing spinning around you. "Come on!" You laugh, holding out a hand, beckoning for him to join you. Jonathon grabs your hand and everything fades to white.

He wakes up, eyes flying open. Your side of the bed was empty, as always. He closed his eyes and pressed his face against your pillow that no longer smelled like you. "I miss you." He whispered to the air.

~Jordan Kyle~

You run your fingers through his hair, kissing his forehead. "You're insane you know that right?" Kyle laughed but nodded. "So are you baby girl." He wrapped his arms around you pulled you closer.

You woke up with a sob. Kyle was gone. Dead.
And you had no idea how to come to terms with that. He was gone. No longer able to hold you, kiss you, say I love you.
And it was all Sebastian's fault.

{ The Dark Artifices }

'...please don't take my sunshine away...'

~Mark Blackthorn~

You were fading.
And fast.
"Y/n!" Mark yelled, falling to your side and pulling the knife from your stomach. You coughed up blood and groaned. His heart pounded hard against his chest and he cradled you close to him. "Don't leave me love. You can't." You nodded and pressed you cheek against his chest. "Help me." You whispered. He nodded and stood up, picking you up bridle style and carrying you away. No one was going to take you from him.

~Julian Blackthorn~

He was hurt, as always. "I swear Julian Blackthorn." You glare at him while cleaning up his wounds. "What?" You sigh and wrap a bandage around it. "If I lost you I don't know what I'd do." He grabbed your hand, which was now shaking. "You won't loose me y/n. Ever." You nod, biting your lip. "Promise me." He smiles. "I promise." You hold up your pinky, a childish look on your face. "Pinky promise?" He laughs, grabbing a hold of your pinky with his own pinky. "Pinky promise."

~Tiberius Blackthorn~

You lay your head on Tibe's chest. "You're my sunshine." You whisper. He frowns and looks down at you. "What?" You laugh, messing with his hands. "Haven't you heard that song?" He shook his head. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." You whisper, singing out the chorus of the song. He smiles down at you and closes his eyes. "Please don't take my sunshine away."

{this sucks but oh well}