11: Citrus

Corey POV

I looked over at Rowan to see tears streaming down her face. She was glancing over the body of her best friend, Sabrina, trying to stay calm. 

"Row, it's gonna be okay." I said, trying to keep my voice steady. This hurt me just as much as it did her. I was close to Sabrina too, and this was going to be tough without her, if we lost her. I wrapped an arm around Rowan and pulled her into me tightly. 

She burst out in a fresh batch of tears. "Cor, what if I never get to see her beautiful blue eyes again? The last time I saw her, it was almost a week ago, and all we were doing was teasing each other. I feel so bad." She wiped her eyes with a corner of her sleeve and nuzzled her head up underneath my chin. 

I tucked my chin down and traced circles on her back with the tip of my finger. 

Soon, I could tell she had fallen asleep, and I carried her out to my car, bridal style. She was still sound asleep, bursts of air coming out of her nose evenly. 

I kissed her forehead, placed her in the front seat, and buckled her safely. 

I got into my own seat and buckled myself. It was time to go tell her parents the news. This would be dangerous, but it had to be done. 

We drove off into the new dusk and I looked over at her every time we stopped at a red light. She was so beautiful when she slept. Her face was happy and peaceful for the first time in a couple of hours, and I reached over to hold her hand. 

We approached her house and I got out, holding her again. I knocked on her front door, and Carmen answered. 

"Yea-Oh hi Corey." She grinned goofily, just like Rowan. 

"Hey, can I come set Rowan down on her bed?" 

"Yeah, sure. Why is she, you know, unconscious?"

"We went to visit Sabrina, who's in the hospital. She was crying, and I let her lay on my shoulder. She fell asleep." 

"Sounds like Rowan." She giggled a little, then opened the door wider to let me in. I set Rowan down for a second on the couch, and sat beside her, with her head on my lap. 

She stirred a bit, but just turned over and slept more. 

Carmen looked over at me. 

"So...what's the deal with you and Rowan?" She asked, a smirk on her face. 

A blush creeped up my cheeks to my ears, but I ignored it. 

"We're friends. That's it. Why do you care, Carmen? She's not your child or anything."

"Yeah, but she is my sister, and I don't want her hurt. So be careful with her Corey."

"I will."

"Thank you." I got up, and she hugged me. I considered Carmen my little sister. She was adorable, but she could be a little devil if she wanted to. 

I picked Rowan up gently and carried her to bed, kissing her cheek and walking out to my car. What a day. 

So, did you get any feels? Did you squeal a little? I don't know, I just had a little bit of time, plus it's been like four days. It really helps when you guys tell me to update in the comments. It motivates me to come up with ideas to surprise you.

LOVE YOU THANKS!

Alli<3