16: Coconut Mango

Corey POV

I ran down the stairs two at a time, trying to get down there as fast as possible. I sat on the couch for a bit, pulling on my Converse and then going outside. I ran to the park, where I was meeting Sasha, my friend that I had known for a while.

We decided to go to a cute little shop I knew of. She sat down to show me something she had found. She thought I would like it. It was a phone case, with a bunch of different kinds of cameras on the back.

"That's really cool, Sash." She smiled, and her nose crinkled.

"So Corey, I heard you and Row are having a hard time right now." She made this weird face.

"Yeah, well I kind of-" Before I knew what was happening, Sasha's lips were on mine. I didn't know how to react, so I kissed her back. I heard a small gasp, a few sobs, and then it was silent.

I pulled back. Her lipgloss was coconut mango, but the coconut was stronger. It reminded me of Rowan.

"I'm sorry. I-I have to go." I stood up and left her in the shop, running through the pouring rain. There was no where I could go to escape this. I slid down a wall and sat on the muddy ground. I was thoroughly soaked through, and guilty.

What was I doing? Rowan and I were so happy, then I kissed Sabrina. And Sasha.

I stood up, brushing off my jeans. Nothing was changing. I ran home, and changed, then sat on my bed, looking through my pictures on my camera.

Surprisingly, half of them were either of Rowan, or of the both of us. I chuckled a little, but the pit in my stomach just got bigger. I felt a tear slid down my face, but I wiped it away angrily. I wasn't supposed to cry.

I stood up, looking at myself in the mirror. If you looked at me, you wouldn't see a cheater. You'd see the celebrity Corey Fogelmanis, nothing else. I was loved by a lot of fans, but right now, I had made Rowan sad. And it was all my fault.

* * *

A week later, I sat up and looked around. It was sunnier outside, and I had something to do. I quickly threw on a Pippin t-shirt, jeans, and my maroon Converse. I ran my fingers through my hair and made my way down to the kitchen.

I grabbed a granola bar and an apple, then headed outside, walking to the studio. I had missed filming for a week. It was time to go back now.

I ate my measly breakfast on the way, then walked in. Immediately, Sabrina and Peyton came up to hug me.

"Oh my gosh. It's good that you're back. Rowan will be so-" Just then, Rowan walked on set with another guy, holding her hand. I looked away, ashamed.

"I can't believe this." I said quietly. "Who is that guy?" I asked.

"It's Isak, Rowan's boyfriend." I shook my head, and took a step back. We started filming, but things weren't the same. I did my part, but the directors looked disappointed.

"CUT!" They finally shouted to end the day, and I walked off set. I needed to find Row, to tell her that I was sorry.

I found her. But she was lip-locked with that guy Isak. She broke off, and saw me.

"Oh! Corey." She backed away, held up her pointer finger to Isak to have him wait, then she walked to me.

"Row, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I really am sorry. Can we still be-?" She looked hopeful, but shook her head.

"You-You're too late, Corey. You left. You cheated on me. Twice." Her voice was breaking, and it hurt me to know how much I had messed up.

"You knew about that?"

"I saw you kiss that girl. In the shop."

"That was you?" I asked, my voice cracking embarrassingly. She tilted up one side of her mouth in a sorry grimace.

"I'm sorry Corey. I'm glad that we can be friends." She said, copying the words I had said to her before we had started dating.

"Row, I need you." She shook her head, tears clouding her beautiful brown eyes.

"I need you too."

Then she turned and strode away.
The End