Chapter 5: Bored

The next week went by like a breeze, smooth and simple. I guess it went by so quickly because I had nothing to do in my free time other than clean, eat, and sleep. It has been a little over a week since Mark, Rick, and Daryl left for supplies, and I'm getting a little worried. I was taking a walk down the street today and I saw Andrea walking too, so I caught up with her to ask if it was normal for them to be gone for that long. "Yeah this isn't a bad time so far. We have had people gone for many weeks and we think they are dead, but they prove us wrong when they walk right in through the gate with their heads held high." Andrea said giggling as she shook her head. "Okay thanks for letting me know." I said trying to walk away until she said quickly, grabbing my attention, "Hey Anna? Can you tell me more about yourself because I've been wondering how people start this "situation"?" She holds up her fingers to put the situation in quotes as I walk back over. I take a deep breath as I begin telling my story from beginning to end, ALL of it. When I was halfway through the story of my life, she gives an expression making me wonder if she has been through the same. As we kept walking and as I kept telling my story, it's like she felt my pain that I went through, and I began to wonder if I wasn't the only one. "I'm so sorry." Andrea said as a tiny tear trickled down my cheek and I wiped it away with my sleeve. "It's okay, thanks for actually listening to me speak and not running off in the middle." I replied sniffing to keep my nose from running as I quietly sobbed. "Now why would I do that? Anyone who does that obviously doesn't have sympathy for anyone and doesn't have any sense running off like a scared mouse." We both chuckled lightly, and she embraced me with a hug. "I'm going back to the house to make me some dinner, care to join?" Andrea asked, eyebrows raised. "Well, I already ate, and I need to get sleep since I barely slept last night. Sorry but thank you so much for the invite!" Andrea smiled as I turned around and we both started walking our separate ways.
I don't want to say I don't miss Rick and Daryl, but I really don't. Wow, that sounded really mean. I'll just say I miss Mark a lot more than them.

 Oh boy, I have no clue what to do now that I basically have organized the whole house. My room, well Mark and I's room, is set up and organized with the clothes that were already in the house. I've had to sew most of the women's clothes so they would fit me, and now there are a bunch. I bet if Mark came home and saw the clothes I've sewn, he would be like "Dang did you go to Marshall's or something and raid the place?" Now I've really gotten to miss his smooth, husky voice. I hope he is okay. He is all I've thought about lately and I can't get him off of my mind. To be honest, the people here in Alexandria aren't that social. I guess the whole apocalypse thing has gotten to them, or they just hate everything and everyone. I was taking a walk the other day and I waved and said hi to this one person and they just acted like I didn't exist. Oh well, as long as no one hates me I think I'm good to go.
I wish that the world would just go back to normal. Why did this ever occur anyway? Well I'll worry about that later, but now I need to find something else to do besides clean, eat, and sleep. C'mon Anna think there has to be something else to do. I thought to myself. Well maybe you can go see what Mackenzie and Enid are up to. I pondered over visiting Enid and Mackenzie, and I decided, why not? I headed over to Mackenzie and Brad's house first because it was right down the street. When I came over to the front of the house I sighed and thought about how I'd be a goner if they didn't save me. Well Anna, you have a great man, friends, and you've made it this far. I thought as I walked up to their door. I was about to knock until Mackenzie came out and said, "No need to knock." She seemed mad about something as she rushed out the door and turned back to yell, "FORGET IT BRAD! Everything is always about you even when I am the one who is pregnant!" Mackenzie continued on down the driveway as I followed her down the walkway. Brad ran to the door and yelled back "I didn't mean it Mackenzie, just please come back here and talk!" Mackenzie was not listening to a word he said. She was stubborn, anyone could tell that from just meeting her. She screamed back to Brad as I stand in between them with, "WHATEVER JUST GET AWAY FROM ME!" I motioned to Brad that I would try and talk to her. Brad deeply sighed, walked back into the house, and shut the front door. There was a bit of silence between Mackenzie and I other than the squeak of my tennis shoes and her emotion filled steps on the asphalt. I decided to break the silence, so I said "Umm...so would you like to talk about what that was?" I tried to not anger her any more than she already was. Mackenzie's expression changed from angry to sorrowful in seconds. She began to tear up as her words came out. "He just never understands what I go through in my head and doesn't seem to love me!" She screamed as she started sobbing. "Mackenzie-" "He doesn't care!" I grabbed her hands and held them in mine. "Mackenzie!" I said a little louder. "But he doesn't," she replied as I interrupted with "MACKENZIE LISTEN!" She fell silent and stopped crying. "He would give the world for you Mackenzie. Never give up on love even when it seems like it's gone, it isn't. He loves you Mackenzie and it's normal for couples to fight, it's inevitable in a relationship. Not to mention the extra hormones your body is dealing with right now. Go easy on yourself, things are going to be hard but so worth it in the end." She looked at me and instantly gave me a hug. Softly, she said to me, "Thank you Anna, I knew you were going to understand and be sympathetic to others from the start." I was very surprised by what she said because I'm not normally supportive, or sympathetic. I'm glad she didn't see my surprised expression since we were still in the hug. "I'll always be here for you Mackenzie, and I'll support your every decision you make." I said as we pulled out of the hug, and I rubbed her arms gently. "Thank you, Anna, again." She chuckled lightly as we both walked back towards her and Brad's house. "I guess I better go apologize to Brad for running off like that." She said making her way towards the front door. "You aren't crazy for feeling the way you do. He loves you and will want to sit down and talk things through with you. I hope everything turns out okay." I said giving her one last hug in support. She smiled, opened the door and yelled "Brad, I'm sorry baby." That was the last thing I heard before Brad embraced her in a hug and began to kiss her, then they closed the front door.